Random video game thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Defy Media (GameTrailers, GameFront, The Escapist) apparently laid off a shit-ton of people around midnight this morning.

Things are still shaking out, but the Escapist writers and editors who have announced their departure (nothing official has actually come from the company itself) are largely people who were vociferously anti-GG.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been following this story for about 72 hours now. I could rant and rave and scream and plead and cry and holler.

Instead, I will simply say this.

Konami, you are on my list.

• 3 weeks later...

My Garbage Cat Wakes Me Up At 3AM Every Day. If you've ever owned a cat, you know this flash game's pain.

Or having a Beagle that must scratch at the door to go out every single night at random times. 2 am, 3 am, etc.

I guess she was jealous that the newborn baby was getting lots of attention in the middle of the night, so when the baby started sleeping through the night she had to get her 3 am "pay attention to me" time.

So even though the baby has been sleeping through the night for the past eight months, the Beagle must still have her turn.

While possible (and I badly want it to be true), there are a lot of details about the story that don't add up.

- I'm the biggest Silent Hill fan on the planet, but it's not a franchise that's worth billions. Microsoft could buy every single IP that Konami has and it wouldn't be worth that much.

- There's no way the game is 80% done.

- This was all started by some Youtube guys that refused to name their source.

Phil Spencer on Twitter just shot the rumor down.

For a moment, I read that as Phil Spector shot the rumour down. And I was going to prepare some kind of ironic quip before re-reading it. I mean, Phil Spector's not going to have access to Twitter.