Random video game thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a lot less than 50% of world gamers that have uncapped high speed internet and I personally can see a not too distant future where it gets worse for people before it gets better.

Sure, but I'm talking specifically about the 360/PS3 gamers, not the general masses who still play older consoles. If the next console generation doesn't come for another few years, there'll be even more high-speed connections out there. After all, who buys a brand-new game console but not high-speed internet, especially since gaming is so online-driven now anyway?

After all, who buys a brand-new game console but not high-speed internet, especially since gaming is so online-driven now anyway?

A ton of people. Way more than you think. High speed internet isn't readily available everywhere in the States, not to mention the rest of the world. I had a 360 for years before I had the ability to go online with it.

That's why it's going to take at least 10 years.

EA Sports just opened a contest to get four fan-written catchphrases announced in NBA Jam's reboot for the Wii.

This can't end well.

Hahaha, which urban saying that 'suits' don't know about will get through....

I'd love a sex move that could be a name for a dunk to get through.

I beat [random idiot].

[random idiot] messages me.

"You fucking suck."

I beat [random idiot] a second time.

[random idiot] messages me again.

"Yeah, whatever."

10 minutes later.

[random idiot] has sent you a friend request. :unsure:

I think Rock Band 2 is just about the only game where I don't get random "u fukkin suk bitch" and similar messages. Hell, some guy even messaged me the other day apologizing for failing out on a song. I'm sure part of that is because I'm really, really good at the game, but a lot of it also that the Rock Band "community" is a good deal more easygoing than the general Modern Warfare or fighting game-playing populace.

• 4 weeks later...

Nickelback is coming to Rock Band next week, despite the fact that Chad Kroeger has stated that rhythm games are stupid and a waste of time.

I also find it funny that "How You Remind Me" isn't even one of the 6 songs being released. Oh, no... PLEASE, Harmonix, DO NOT PUT NICKELBACK ON THE ROCK BAND 3 DISC!!!!! I will give you head if you don't!!! </Michael Sims>