Random video game thoughts

JackFetch

Video from the abandonded Batman game Gotham by Gaslight has leaked. It's definitly interesting.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/27/gotham-by-gaslight-video-shows-canceled-elseworlds-batman-game/

I'm pretty sure when they pitched the game they looked at the Assassin's Creed games and said "uh, if it's not at least like that, don't bother".

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd guess he's an assassin-descendant who ended up being the bastard child of a Native American. It's not like that kind of thing didn't happen all over the place in colonial days.

Funny thing I noticed: on the IGN facebook post for this image, someone in the comments called everyone else stupid morons for not already knowing that the main character of AC3 is Desmond and that the game is set in 2012.

I've been playing the Twisted Metal demo, and I got to say, it's a lot of fun. The levels are huge, took a couple of plays before I drove the whole map. I'm dissapointed to hear from previews that one player mode won't have much in the way of a story. The one player level on the demo, to me atleast, is pretty difficult. It's basically you against 8 enemies. The enemies don't shot each other, only you. So basically you have to keep moving and just take pop shots when you can, if you stop too long to focus on one guy, next thing you know you're getting hit my 4 specials at once. I guess that's my only complaint, as the online mode is a lot of fun.

Playing the actual game now, and I have to agree with all the reviews. As a multi-player game, it's a lot of fun. The single player mode, however is horrible. Also the controls need an update pronto, the cars move and turn like shit. It's not bad enough to take away from the game, but just bad enough to wonder why it wasn't fixed before release. Just like with the demo, the 1 player mode is mostly throw away, the story is alright, as short as it is, but the game isn't fun. The computer is cheap as hell and it takes away from the fun. Now I like hard games, Demon Souls is one of my favorite games of the last 5 years, but the computer here isn't hard, just cheap and annoying. The opponents never hurt one another, just you, and spam the freeze attack and seem to have unlimited specials.

Online, or split screen, is where the game shines and is a lot of fun. Large, destructible environments with plenty to find and explore. Plus the different modes add enough variety to the standard car death match to keep it fun.

Any time I'm unsure of the incompetency of GameStop employees, I'm going to remember the conversation I just had with a male emplyee, let's call him Courtney.

Will: Hi, I'm looking at your website and it says you have copies of the Mass Effect Collectors edition in stock.

Courtney: Yes, for customers who preordered it. But we are selling the DLC for ten dollars. It's basically the same thing.

Will: So, the DLC you're selling includes the physical Art Book and comic and soundtrack?

Courtney: Sure.

Will: So, I'll be able to download the Art Book onto my coffee table.

Courtney: Of course.

Will: Right, got it. Thanks. *Hang up*

Any time I'm unsure of the incompetency of GameStop employees, I'm going to remember the conversation I just had with a male emplyee, let's call him Courtney.

Will: Hi, I'm looking at your website and it says you have copies of the Mass Effect Collectors edition in stock.

Courtney: Yes, for customers who preordered it. But we are selling the DLC for ten dollars. It's basically the same thing.

Will: So, the DLC you're selling includes the physical Art Book and comic and soundtrack?

Courtney: Sure.

Will: So, I'll be able to download the Art Book onto my coffee table.

Courtney: Of course.

Will: Right, got it. Thanks. *Hang up*

Maybe Courtney thinks you said penis.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...