JackFetch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fuck that noise.

I've been playing Star Wars games for my entire life. Some of them have practically molded me as an individual. I can't imagine EA doing anything good with the franchise.

...Though if we get another Bioware-made single-player RPG out of it, I'm good with that.

It's nice that Disney Interactive is going to be working on stuff like mobile games; they've done a pretty decent job of making simple and fun iOS titles.

• 2 weeks later...

Anything pre-September 2011, including Electric Superman, is Real Superman to me. Maybe I'm too old for whatever it is they're trying to accomplish with the DCnU / New 52, but as good as some of these books are, this is not the DC Universe I want to read as a whole.

Sorry to derail a video game thread with comic stuff.

Remember EA's Online Pass program? If you've ever purchased one of the company's games used, it probably rings a bell. The system was devised in 2010 as a way for the company to collect revenue from used game sales, requiring players of second-hand software to pay an additional fee to unlock multiplayer content. Now, EA says the program has run its course. "Many players didn't respond to the format," the company told GamesBeat. "None of our new EA titles will include that feature." The industry still isn't completely sure how to handle used game sales, but at least this unpopular program is at an end.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/16/ea-to-stop-online-pass-program/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget

They tried to bully their way into the secondary market where they don't belong and got smacked down for it.

EA's doing exactly what people have been demanding they do for a while and they're still not happy.

Granted, these appear to be the same detached base that voted EA the most evil company in the world, even when there are banks and such that do, you know, actual damage.

• 3 weeks later...