Random video game thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new trend starting in the next generation seems to be the concept of the free-to-play fighting game. Tekken Revolution, Killer Instinct, and Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate are all playing with the idea of having a few characters completely free, then charging for additional characters and modes. It's basically microtransactions at their worst.

My prediction, it will fall on its face seeing as the fighting game community tends to be big on having access to all the features of the games they play.

• 2 weeks later...

I just played and completed all three uncharted games, over the past week and a bit, and a few things came to mind. Months back, Knightwing said the new Tomb Raider borrowed a lot from these games, and I now see what he means. It's not a bad thing, just really noticeable when playing one, when the other is fresh in your mind.

The number of enemies you fight at times is downright petty, you have like 12 at one point shooting guns at you, on top of a sniper, and other ones running at you to punch you to death.

This might just be me, but did anyone else find the game to be to dark, I mean literally to dark, as in I sometimes fell into pits because I couldn't see where I was going. I had to up the brightness to the highest level, before I could see half the pathways. I found this annoying mostly in the first game, but the other two are just as bad at times.

It sounds like you're having image contrast issues. It's either your TV or the settings within the game itself.

I think it's the game, as I never encountered the problem before. Like I said, I put the brightness level up pretty high, and that fixed things, but I spoke to someone else, who noticed the same thing.

I just got home and found out that Ryan Davis of Giant Bomb has passed away, less than a full week after getting married. No cause of death has been given, but it's easy to assume considering his obvious weight issues over the years.

I really don't care about most celebrity deaths but he managed to touch the lives of a lot of people that he never met simply by being candid and respecting the intelligence of his audience. He's been responsible for a vast majority of the media I've consumed over the past few years and it won't be the same without him.

Here's one of the funniest podcast moments I remember him being a part of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cinw63ulsSg