Random video game thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recommend forgetting about buying a new game system and spending the money on a hooker instead.

After buying a PS3, there should be some money left over. And that's the plan. ;)

EDIT: Hell, if I had money right now, that would be the plan.

Edited by The Master

My 360 wireless adapter is fucking up.

The SF4 netcode is shitty enough on its own, but now I can't get more than ten seconds into a match without getting disconnected.

This has been happening ever since Microsoft sent me my "new" system.

You've probably seen it by now, but in case not the first teaser trailer for Gears Of War 3 is now online.

You can find it at gearsofwar.xbox.com, where it confirms most of the rumours about tentacle monsters - as well as the presence of female soldiers.

What you won't see in the trailer is a release date, but Microsoft has now confirmed that it'll be out April 8 2011 in Europe and April 5 in the U.S.

Also, who has that much money for an Atari game.

I finally beat the 60 second, ten hit total fight in Bayonetta!

The ones that always gave me trouble were the "stay in the air for x number of seconds" portals.

I'm now stuck on the "Only beat enemy with wicked weave" and if you hit them while setting up the combo, it bangs off of you, and you have to start over. After 45 minutes, I've given up on it.

This game is horribly unforgiving. I faced a boss which was two ships, and the first thing that happens is you get hit with an unmissable barrage of rockets. They are on you right after the cut scene ends. I can't tell if this game wants to be fun, or pain in the arse annoying now.

I finally beat the 60 second, ten hit total fight in Bayonetta!

The ones that always gave me trouble were the "stay in the air for x number of seconds" portals.

I'm now stuck on the "Only beat enemy with wicked weave" and if you hit them while setting up the combo, it bangs off of you, and you have to start over. After 45 minutes, I've given up on it.

This game is horribly unforgiving. I faced a boss which was two ships, and the first thing that happens is you get hit with an unmissable barrage of rockets. They are on you right after the cut scene ends. I can't tell if this game wants to be fun, or pain in the arse annoying now.

Ah! The fucking Kinships! I hate hate hated those the first playthrough. Best thing to do is use a red and yellow lollipop, then beat on one quickly until it dies, then you can handle the other.

As for the wicked weaves, there's a really simple three step combo you can do with the sword that works pretty well. Just make sure that you're at a distance so the first two hits whiff.

Also, there's no shame in switching to easy from time to time. It's a hard game, even on normal.

I got the kinships in the end. I did that, when I go a slowdown,I jamp on the one that went along, and repeatedly kicked it, then attacked the one that stayed still.

What sword? I don't think I have it, or I have it, and just haven't equipped it. How do you use the lollipops, I've been picking them up throughout the game, but haven't figured out how to use them.

I'm going to try and do the weaving again, if it doesn't work, I'm just going to easy for that part.

Edit: Turns out I have the sword, and I now know how to get the lollipops. I had to press back to get to that menu.

Do Punch-Kick-Punch with the sword.

Right, I did that, and your right, the swords do make the game a fuckload easier, and that section a lot more fun and easier. I just finished the game. Jesus Christ, how many end bosses can one game have?

The last one was a bitch to beat. A fun game, but with all the bosses at the end, that and the steep difficulty curve in the last two hours. I really hope it sold well enough for a sequel.

• 3 weeks later...

Messages I Get on X-Box Live After Beating People at Super Street Fighter IV

"fuck man u just gonna punch all day" (I play as Balrog)

---

(I beat a guy)

"u got lucky"

(I give him a rematch and beat him again)

"yeh thats why ur mom likes me" :huh:

---

"only bitches use balrog" (he was using Sagat... the strongest character in the game)

---

"jab, jab, jab, jab.... learn something new scrub" (apparently he disliked my jabs so much that he kept walking into them to prove his point)

---

"how about you stop throwing and play at my level" (I could only hope to achieve his level of predictable dragon punches after every knockdown)