Hey, Brits!

Missy

A question for the Brits...  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Heh, you watched the Nostalgia Critic too!

It's been a few years since I watched Judge Dredd and longer since I saw the 8th Doctor's brief forray, so I'm going purely off of memory. I actually quite like the Judge Dredd movie in a B-movie way, if you can ignore Rob Schneider. Facially, Stallone even looks fairly good in the helmet. It's not like the Constantine movie - now that's more likely to get the goat of British people.

And Paul McGann defeated Eric Roberts, who became both Sir Derek Jacobi and John Simm, so it was a temporary anomaly. Constantine sucks.*

*As an adaptation of Hellblazer. On its own, it isn't terrible.

Doctor Who movie. The whole style of shooting and the loss of the stage-style British performers gives the whole thing a decidedly un-who like feel. Not to speak in generalisations but your standard wannabe hollywood actor is far less watchable than a practiced stage performer.

A lot of the Dredd stuff was painfully faithful, at least in the production design department. I'll give them props for that. Plus it gave up the immortal "IYAM...NLAUW".

Dr Who was the worst offender. Just in the style of the production. The Doc was still awesome after all he was a Brit ha ha.

Judge Dredd was ok in a B movie kind of way. The worst thing was the comic sidekick. Just plain stupid and the fact the Angel gang was introduced, looked pretty cool and then died 3 seconds later. Gutted.

Oh and Constantine was a good film in its own right. Despite the departures from the source.