Batman Under the Red Hood

grahamvidger

Warner Home Video has set a February 23 Blu-ray release date for 'Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths', a direct-to-video animated movie that takes place in a parallel Earth ruled by the Crime Syndicate, where the Justice League must fight their evil doppelgangers. As usual with TV and DTV content from this studio, audio is listed as Dolby Digital only.

Special features include:

DC Showcase: The Spectre

A First Look at 'Batman Under the Red Hood'

Green Lantern First Look

Superman/Batman Public Enemies First Look

Wonder Woman: The Amazon Princess "

The New World" - Extended Cut

Bruce Timm's Top Picks

A Better World, Parts 1 and 2 (previously on Justice League Unlimited S2 DVD release)

Twilight, Parts 1 and 2 (previously on Justice League Unlimited S2 DVD release)

DC TV pilot episodes (live -action)

Wonder Woman (previously on Wonder Woman S1 DVD release)

Aquaman (never before released)

Trailers

Digital Copy Online (DCON) – no fee, no second disc required

Source

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the DVD TV Pilots feature? Is that the Justice League Of America Pilot? It has an s, so perhaps its more than one pilot, like maybe the Superboy Pilot or Shazaam pilot, I'm guessing the DVD Producers ran out of material.

It seems to be the pilots for the shows that never made it passed one episode, like the Justin Hartley Aquaman show.

• 3 weeks later...
Earlier this week, word got out that DC's next animated PG-13 movie would be Batman: Under The Hood. It was referred to as "Under The RED Hood" but an update from Mania now has it simply titled "Under The Hood." This makes more sense considering who is writing.

Judd Winick will be writing the script. Winick also wrote the storyline that the movie is based on, Batman #635-641. That's good news for those of us that have read the story.

The story will deal with a mysterious villain known as the Red Hood apparently returning to Gotham. This was the identity that the Joker first used before falling into the vat of chemicals that transformed him into his current state. The return of the Red Hood sees him as an anti-hero and soon pushes a gang war between Black Mask and the Joker to erupt. Of course we know who is really under the Hood here.

Source

Who the hell said this movie was going to be called "Under The Red Hood"?

I assume you're being sarcastic?

Now that is cleared up, yes suavestar, I don't understand either. I mean I don't know if you like that storyline or not, but I know I do, and that i don't understand why someone can't.

Reread what suavestar wrote. He said he doesn't like Judd Winick recent run on Batman.

?

I thought Under The Hood was your favorite Batman story?

It is, and I hope this is awesome, cause that story is fucking awesome. They'll have to take out the conversation between Black Mask and Deathstroke though, which is sad as that was fucking awesome

But, Winick did the first post BFTC Batman storyline, and it was crap. Mark Bagley did bland art and Winick made Dick seem like such an idiot. He would go out of his way to be photographed and was always smiling.

Also, the Bat-Face(Two face) I was really looking forward to seeing, was done in just three panels.

Also, I thought Under the hood, was twelve issues, or atleast ten. Cause it was collected in two volumes.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, this would explain why he is in Arkham Asylum 2.

Has that been actually announced yet? I don't think it was entirely certain whether or not that was his voice in the new trailer.

But hey, Mark Hamill is one of the nicest and greatest guys in the world; I'm sure he'd do it if he were asked nicely enough.

• 1 month later...

New Batman DVD to peek out from 'Under the Red Hood'

February 9, 2010 | 6:40 pm

Plenty of of fanboys are anticipating the new Justice League DVD "Crisis on Two Earths," which premieres on Feb. 23, but that disc will also give birth to a new DC must-see home movie when the Dark Knight saga "Batman: Under the Red Hood" launches one of its first promos.

picture3bx.jpg

Written by Judd Winick and based on his 2005 Batman comics story line, it's Batman versus another vigilante, Red Hood, who doesn't mind cleaning up Gotham by leaving dead bodies in his wake. Animated guru Bruce Timm exec produces this pretty violent look into crime on the streets, and it's directed by "Superman Doomsday" co-director Brandon Vietti, with a cavalcade of stars as voice talent. It all starts with Bruce Greenwood ("Star Trek") as Batman, then continues with "Supernatural" star Jensen Ackles as Red Hood, Neil Patrick Harris ("How I Met Your Mother") as Nightwing, John DiMaggio ("Futurama") as the Joker and Jason Isaacs (the Harry Potter films) as Ra's Al Ghul.

This was one of the most popular story lines to come out of Batman in recent history. Will you watch?

-- Jevon Phillips

Source

EDIT: Weird, this article is also saying "Under The Red Hood".

Guest DCAUFan1051

scratch that it's the exact same info... ugh.... I am not sure about this DVD though. I guess it's the DCAU in me that wants the old voices. However I'll be optimistic about it.