Number Twos?

Molly

Batman has Joker.

Superman has Luthor.

Spidey has the Green Goblin.

Every major character has an arch-nemesis. But which characters will always fall short to the bigger villian?

Who would you say is Batman's almost nemesis? Superman? Other characters?

I agree with none of those, which I think is great.

Batman: Two-Face (Irony, yes?)

Superman: Darkseid.

Spider-Man: Venom

I was between Ra's and Two-Face.

I see Darkseid as more of an enemy to the DC Universe itself.

At best, Venom is at the end of a Top 10 Spider-Man villains list.

Cool shit. I'll try and do some extra ones. See if you agree/disagree.

Batman: Ra's Al Ghoul. Don't know how you can pick another, really.

Superman: I'll go with Braniac right now. When the New Krypton endgame comes, I'll probably say Zod.

Spider-Man: Kraven. Yes, he died a long time ago. But when I think of villains who make me think "Wow, Spidey is fucked," it's Osborn, then Kraven.

Flash: Captain Cold. I love this character. The other Rogues waver between evil and pathetic, but Snart is just fucking scary bad. Grodd is a close second for me.

Green Lantern Hal Jordan: Black Hand. I think it's pretty much a no-brainer by this point of Blackest Night.

Captain America: Baron Zemo. The airplane blowing up is a seminal moment of the character's history, as was the formation of the Masters of Evil

The Fantastic Four: Galactus or Namor. It's hard to even think of someone other than Doom for them, huh? Truthfully, though, it seems like every mad scientist villain in the Marvel U thinks of Reed Richards as his greatest rival, so it's really hard to pick.

The X-Men: Apocalypse, I guess. But, really, they have villains coming out of the woodwork, so it's a pick-and-choose.

I'd say Batman's is either, Ra's or Jason Todd.

Ra's as he is what if Batman was able to live forever, and Jason, for what if Batman went fucking nuts, was killed, brought back to life, and your father refused to avenge you, or let you take vengeance on the man who killed you.

I agree Brainiac is Superman's number 2, and that Darkseid although he works best when played against superman, is a DC universe villain.

Spider-Man: Kraven. Yes, he died a long time ago. But when I think of villains who make me think "Wow, Spidey is fucked," it's Osborn, then Kraven.

I gotta disagree with you here, because for me, the only time Kraven really shone as a character and threat to Spider-Man was "Kraven's Last Hunt."

Also: Flash's nemesis is Grodd, with Zoom in close second.

I'd switch those, Flash is always fighting Grodd, but whenever Zoom shows up its a holy shit moment.

Green Arrow- Deathstroke no 1, Merlyn no. 2.

Hal Jordan- Sinestro 1, Mongul 2.

Spidey- Osbourne 1, Ock 2.

Avengers- Ultron 1, Kang 2.

At best, Venom is at the end of a Top 10 Spider-Man villains list.

Which is really too bad. He used to be such a cool character.

Even Scorpion has potential, though he was portrayed as such a loser.

With a strong enough story, most of Spider-Man's villains could be great.

Venom should have been Spidey's Sinestro - the one guy that's always going to be around to terrorize - but they fucked him up royally.

Some other random ones.

Daredevil - Bullseye, easily.

Hulk - Abomination.

Wolverine - Daken.

Wonder Woman - Ares.

Green Arrow - Constantine Draken.

Aquaman - Pollution. I can't name a single Aquaman villain other than Black Manta.

Iron Man - The bottle. Seriously, his rogues suck.

Now that I think about it, can anyone name ANY enemies for Martian Manhunter? I suppose the White Martians by default would be his archenemies.