Megaman 10

dc20willsave

From joystiq.com

Nintendo Power reveals Mega Man 10 for WiiWare

by JC Fletcher { Dec 9th 2009 at 6:41PM }

Get your weapons ready! The latest issue of Nintendo Power features some mega news -- specifically, the upcoming release of Mega Man 10 on WiiWare.

The new installment, like the brilliant Mega Man 9, uses an NES-style aesthetic, and features wacky new bosses like Sheep Man. Sheep Man! Proto Man returns as a playable character (this time immediately, and not as time-delayed DLC), along with a third mystery character! The extra character's identity: just one of the details, like the release date or whether or not it's on other platforms, that we're just going to have to wait to find out.

An image in the writeup also reveals an Easy Mode for the game, which we can imagine being welcome for a lot of people not accustomed to the uniquely painful experience of trying to complete an NES Mega Man title.

I'm kinda excited and there's something just unwholesome enough about Sheep Man to make me want to play. Seriously, an electroshock sheep? What's not to love?

larged.jpg

Edited by D.W.
Fixed the picture for ya. I'm nice like that.

I’m guessing it will be coming to XBL and PSN too.

It’s great to hear they’re addressing some of the criticisms MM9 got, but I kind of wish they’d sit on the idea for a bit before announcing another entry in the series. MM9 was really clever because it stripped away all the extraneous stuff and brought the series back to its roots. I’m fine with MM10 just building on the concept of MM9, but I hope they do something interesting with the next game.

I doubt we'll ever see 8 on Virtual Console since it might be too big. It was for the Playstation and Saturn, had anime clips for many of the cut scenes, and had voice acting a plenty. The sony thing is probably the major hitch. Your best bet is probably to track down a copy of the Anniversery Collection for the gamecube.

• 2 months later...