What do you want from E2 in 2010?

Missy

Other than that, if more reviews are going to be on the site, I would love for the earlier suggestion of chronological ordering instead of alphabetical to be added?

Why chronological?

Easier to see if new reviews have been added. Whatever is the top of the list is the newest review. Probably only makes sense if there are going to be more frequent reviews, if the movie/tv section is only getting a new review every couple of months, I guess it doesn't really matter. But, if you could make a homepage for ALL reviews and it was listed chronologically (newest to oldest) that would be cool to see what the new reviews on the site are.

I can find out about podcasts in itunes, so the main page is for me to see what new written content is on the site.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about you retcon everything Earth-2.net has ever reviewed, then start over. :evil:

Though there are a few things I wouldn't mind redoing, but no one is going to be punching the walls of reality any time soon. :P

We should all keep an eye on Preston just in case.

You have no idea how hard it is to find the walls of reality.

What I want from/for Earth-2 next year?

More Preston written content. I need to get back on the horse. :P

Looking ahead, I want to make the video game section a top priority in the coming year, and I want to slowly push movie and anime / manga reviews. Beyond that, I have a few other ideas that I'm not yet prepared to mention. But what would you like to see Earth-2.net cover or change in 2010? This goes for the podcasts, too; do you have an idea for a new show or segment?

Good thing you asked my mike, because I'm the man with the answers :).

(This list is in no particular order)

1) E-2 "TV Club"- Similar to the Book Club, we would all pick one tv show to follow, and you would recap and discus the latest episode as a mini segment of E-2 the show.

2) E-2 Merch

3) More Forum Announcements- At the end of each episode of E-2 the show, you rattle off a list of whats new with the site, why not mention some forum highlights?

4) E-2 Video Game Club- See my Mario Kart DS thread.

5) Links to discussion threads- Next to the download option, put a link to the discussion thread.

6) Post "POTD" Winners on the main page- This might entice more people to come to the forums when they see posts being posted on the front page.

7) More Contests- Come on! They don't even need a prize, weekly trivia and contests are just plain fun.

8)Staff Blogs- They don't even need to be site related.

9)More Video Media- Anything would be awesome.

10)More of me!!!!- This explains it self.

I want whichever cretin that was hired to be the comic book movie correspondant to get off his arse and stay up to date. He hasn't even reviewed Whiteout yet, nor done The Spirit or Punisher War Zone properly. He's just not cutting it at the moment, Mike - consider his position!

Guest DCAUFan1051

Gotta finish the Bat off first!

you say that like your gonna electrocute him with Bond's cellphone. I understand that Batman has to be done first, but there's only 2 films left in that.

It's just a suggestion... I'm not gonna like throw a tantrum if it doesn't happen :D

1) E-2 "TV Club"- Similar to the Book Club, we would all pick one tv show to follow, and you would recap and discus the latest episode as a mini segment of E-2 the show.

I could see that, but, like the book club idea, it would probably be written.

2) E-2 Merch

Very soon.

3) More Forum Announcements- At the end of each episode of E-2 the show, you rattle off a list of whats new with the site, why not mention some forum highlights?

It's a timeliness issue. Let's say I mention five topics people should give a look. That's great if they're downloading the show the day or week it's been released, but what about people who find it in the archives a month or a year later? They'll have to go trudging through the forums, searching page after page for those threads.

It's different when it comes to articles and podcasts I mention, 'cause the archives are much easier to navigate.

4) E-2 Video Game Club- See my Mario Kart DS thread.

If enough people are interested, sure. But that's something that can be started without my involvement.

5) Links to discussion threads- Next to the download option, put a link to the discussion thread.

I really like this idea. I might start it now, as a matter of fact. I might also put a link to the forum discussion thread at the bottom of every column, review, and article.

6) Post "POTD" Winners on the main page- This might entice more people to come to the forums when they see posts being posted on the front page.

If it were truly a daily award, I would, but I don't want to throw it up on the site randomly.

7) More Contests- Come on! They don't even need a prize, weekly trivia and contests are just plain fun.

Another forum I frequent has wrestling and MMA prediction threads, with the winner getting bragging rights. I can see us doing something like that but with comic book events. Such as "Who will take down Norman Osborn?," "What superheroes will stay alive post-Blackest Night?," etc. I like that one.

The company that hosts the forums offers blogs, but I've never activated the feature 'cause (I think) it would cut into the limited server space the forums are allowed.

A video podcast or reviews would be great. Though it's a matter of finding the right show and content.

No. :D

More of The Eater of Souls.

Okay. :D

I want whichever cretin that was hired to be the comic book movie correspondant to get off his arse and stay up to date. He hasn't even reviewed Whiteout yet, nor done The Spirit or Punisher War Zone properly. He's just not cutting it at the moment, Mike - consider his position!

That guy, he's a bum. You can have his job, Ian.

I'd like Superman I-IV and Supergirl reviewed like you guys did the batman films.

After we finish the Batman films, I can see us doing these.

I also aim to get the News section back on track. These last few months it's (mostly) only been updated when Marvel and DC send me their monthly solicitations.

Though I'll take some responsibility for that, the companies have to shoulder some of the blame, too. Recently a good portion of the press releases Marvel's sent out have been about reprints, and, I don't know, I just don't think y'all are interested in that. As for DC, they don't send press releases any more, as all of their news is filtered through their blog The Source.

Despite that, I'll do what I can to stay on top of it.

It's a timeliness issue. Let's say I mention five topics people should give a look. That's great if they're downloading the show the day or week it's been released, but what about people who find it in the archives a month or a year later? They'll have to go trudging through the forums, searching page after page for those threads.

How about announcing POTD winners, and what the post said, so there will be no trudging?

Another forum I frequent has wrestling and MMA prediction threads, with the winner getting bragging rights. I can see us doing something like that but with comic book events. Such as "Who will take down Norman Osborn?," "What superheroes will stay alive post-Blackest Night?," etc. I like that one.

If you ever need some help with idea’s, or some one to come up with the weekly (or monthly) trivia, shoot me a PM, I’ve been looking for some ways to contribute to the site for awhile. :-/

The company that hosts the forums offers blogs, but I've never activated the feature 'cause (I think) it would cut into the limited server space the forums are allowed.

You do realize you could simply download wordpress (wordpress.org) or give Blogger access to your FTP, and it wont interfere with forum space, but instead your web server space?

A video podcast or reviews would be great. Though it's a matter of finding the right show and content.

Would you want something like a Geek News show, or a gadget reviews, or …..?

No. :D

… :(

Anyway, I have one more suggestion; get your live shows running! I just got done watching one, and it was a lot of fun.

How about announcing POTD winners, and what the post said, so there will be no trudging?

That would come off as more than a little silly. It's like trying to describe the funny thing your friend said to someone that wasn't there.

And honestly nothing is stopping any of us from starting blog threads in the self-promotion/fan-fict sections. The fact that none of us have should be a good indication as to how little interest there is in doing it.

More of The Eater of Souls.

Okay. :D

I just realized it, you did set up an Earth-2 youtube account when you posted the original eater of souls video, right? Well, draft people who have video cameras to go to cons/general geek events and film some of the going ons, talk to other con goers, maybe a quick hi to some of the con guests, etc.

For that matter, maybe we should make a concentrated effort to have a get together during one of the cons this year. I know that I (and the Eater of Soul's twin) will be going to C2E2 this year. Maybe have a get together at a bar/apartment of a Chicagoer (Chicagoite?) on the Saturday or Friday night of the weekend?

1. An apology, and an admission that on reflection Teen Titans is NOT in continuity. Do it after you've finished reviewing the show, I'll wait.

2. Free ham.

3. Batman Begins & The Dark Knight, followed by a fresh series of films for landmark episodes. Harry Potter? Some Miyazaki films? The Matrix series?

4. More of Mike drinking. I guess with the Matrix sequels thats a must anyway.

5. I want the new FYEO replacement to NOT be about Carry On. Sorry, Ian, I know you love it but there is no way I'm watching those films again.

5. I want the new FYEO replacement to NOT be about Carry On. Sorry, Ian, I know you love it but there is no way I'm watching those films again.

No worries on that one, I'm writing those up on Brosnahan's site. Even though Adham likes the odd few Carry Ons, it would be difficult for us to sit down and review all 31 films on a monthly basis. For one thing, I'd be losing the will to live by the time the franchise hit the late 1970s.

1. An apology, and an admission that on reflection Teen Titans is NOT in continuity. Do it after you've finished reviewing the show, I'll wait.

2. Free ham.

3. Batman Begins & The Dark Knight, followed by a fresh series of films for landmark episodes. Harry Potter? Some Miyazaki films? The Matrix series?

4. More of Mike drinking. I guess with the Matrix sequels thats a must anyway.

I agree with ALL OF THE ABOVE.

:D

Some Miyazaki films?

I know a bunch of us were thinking about doing a limited-run podcast covering the Miyazaki movies, but then life and last term happened.

Though, if people are still interested, my life is freeing up somewhat significantly this term.

Definitely. I still see this as an area well worth covering on the site.

I'd also like to see some more diverse movie reviews. Sci-fi/fantasy has numerous entries that would be great to examine on the site. For example I really hope that someone (hint Ian) gets around to reviewing Unbreakable sometime soon, considering that its arguably the finest superhero film of all time. But there's loads of other stuff too. Terry Gillingham's career is littered with great material. The Star Trek films would be a great series to examine. Just a few ideas there.