Bait 3-D

Chadzilla

If you are at all like me, then you may have asked yourself at one point, “What would it be like to be trapped inside of a flooded supermarket that is attacked by pack of hungry sharks?”

:shakehead:

Oh, you haven’t asked yourself that question? Then I guess we aren’t all that alike, then. :shocked:

But you know who is? Russell Mulcahy, the acclaimed director of Razorback, Highlander 1 & 2, and Resident Evil: Extinction, that’s who. He’s signed on to make Bait 3-D, a soon to be filmed thriller about a group of people who become trapped inside of a supermarket and are then menaced by a psychotic bandit. But it gets worse! The group becomes further trapped when a freak tsunami floods the area and in swoops a pack of hungry tiger sharks eager to check out the menu in the now underwater neighborhood.

:doh:

Folks, this is what happens when you smoke too much weed while watching old discs of Jaws 3-D and Intruder back to back. Dude, where’s my Syfy movie?

and yet Pirahna 3D sounds like a good idea to you?

Hmm, have I ever posted that Piranha 3-D sounded good? Let me check my posting on that subject.

Nope, no such comment on that thread. What I said about that film was:

Hopefully it will be a big piece of the gooey cheese that is heavy on the tomato sauce.

Not a strong statement of quality, that. My hope is to enjoy Piranha 3-D on the level of shoddy B-movie, which is all the original was, and I adore the original. From what I have read, the director is quite open about the film being an over the top horror-comedy (although, from some reports, the piranhas themselves aren't funny, the attacks are rather intense, in fact) and meant as nothing more than a diverting entertainment. Fine.

I will also gleefully put down cash to see Bait 3-D, though that strikes me as being a DOA flick. Difference? My monster geek sense tingles with Piranha 3-D. It's telling me to kick back and laugh with the movie. My monster geek sense goes WTF!?! with Bait 3-D, but the Siren Song of Crap is strong when a movie sounds like Deep Blue Sea set in an underwater Wal-Mart. My sense is telling me I will laugh AT the movie. Big difference.

But both are monster movies, so I am there. I always show up for the monsters. :D