Merry Christmas 2009

dc20willsave

Happy Christmas, everyone!

Best gift so far: The Short Novels of John Steinbeck. Not only because it's a great collection of some of the best writing in the world, but also because of my sister's reaction when I opened it. Upon seeing the smile on my face, she said, "You are such a nerd." To which I said, "Thank you," with an even bigger smile.

By the way, I love that picture, Will!

Well, another profitable Christmas.

$350 cash :w00t:

$25 Pac Sun and $25 Kohl's department store gift cards :yes:

A very old Disney's Alice in Wonderland "Golden Book" to add to my Alice book collection ^_^

A Disney Alice in Wonderland ornament/mini-statue with Alice sitting on a mushroom :bowdown:

Batman: The Dailies 1943-1946 book :o

And other nifty little things.

It's been a quieter Christmas out here so far, but that's mainly because we're delaying it to New Year's Eve because of two cars breaking down on the same day and the repairs being a bit on the expensive side (and I kind of feel terrible about that). But we're going to Christmas with the extended family on Sunday, and, of course, there's New Year's Eve to look forward to.

So far, I got a nice pair of PJs (cute snowflake bottoms and a black long sleeve top), and a pasta cookbook that I'm wavering on taking back (they included a gift receipt) from the parents. :)

Merry Christmas, one and all!

As for my takings:

£180 British Pounds

Muchos confectionary

The Complete Series of Thunderbirds on DVD

Dexter Season 2

Elephant - The White Stripes

One slight problem? Both Pandy & I thought the other had bought presents for our sister, resulting in neither of us getting her anything. Rather than being cross, she's happy she can hold it over us for years and years to come. And we are going to HMV tomorrow with her to pay for whatever she picks out as well, so crisis averted!

As of right now:

$70 Wal-Mart Gift Card (Used it for A Waffle Maker, The Star Trek Q Fan Collective, and a pair of slippers. $30 Left)

Oven Mitts, various spices,a whisk, measuring spoons and cups.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Ultimate Edition on DVD

A Box of Baked Goods from the Parents.

I'm watching the film right now. Damn it's a good Christmas movie. You can tell Chase plays Clark like he is just dragging along to a giant breakdown throughout the film.

Will post my list later.

Well, I've had a good Christmas:

£160.

52 Volumes 1 and 2 (I've been wanting to read 52 for fucking ages.)

A couple of T-shirts from my mum

Rubiks Cube

Socks

Aftershave

Edge's latest T-Shirt. The one with the hand holding the heart.

2100 MS points

Black Lantern Martian Manhunter figure

Radio Wind Up CD's from my dad

And a new hoody from one of my brothers.

So, I had a good year, I feel.