The 4th Annual Earth-2.net Mainpage Awards

James D.

I should have started this thread three weeks ago, but I completely forgot about it with all the school work I had backed up.

We're going to try and simplify things this year so hopefully we'll get more people voting. (I'd be remiss if I didn't say I was disappointed with the number of votes I've gotten each year so far.) I'm going to get rid of several categories including, but not limited to:

1.) Best episode of each individual podcast

--This would be insanity to attempt this year with all the new podcasts we have, and frankly, there isn't enough interest to do them for every podcast.

2.) Best recurring segment on any podcast

3.) Best music video and best wallpaper

--Only one video produced this year, so no need for an award there. The wallpapers are neat, but I don't think we need an award for them. Maybe some will disagree, but I doubt I'll change my mind here.

4.) Best new podcast

--This one just doesn't have enough interest voting-wise to keep it

There will likely be others that go by the wayside, too.

We will still have the obvious ones like the MVP award, podcast of the year, the written review awards, and best individual segment/review on any podcast.

Since I got a late jump on this, I'll extend the voting to the entire month of January, so anyone who wants to vote can have plenty of time to go back and look at things they need refreshing on. I'll post a copy/paste list of the final ballot in here in a few days when I finalize what awards will be on there.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, at this point, I'm fine just throwing together a quick 6-8-award ballot because I've been so fucking busy lately. It would be nigh-impossible to get a committee together in time without massively delaying the awards show, and I was really hoping to avoid that this year. This is really all my fault, so I apologize for this. Here is the list of awards I think we should do:

Best Comic book review

Best Movie review

Best Video Game review

Best Column or Feature Article (combine them, because separately there aren't enough)

Best Individual E2 Podcast Episode (any episode from any podcast, and we'll make this a top 5 instead of just 3)

Podcast of the Year

MVC (Most Valuable Contributor)

If there are any I've forgotten or any that you feel should be added, post it here and we'll discuss it.

VOTING RULES:

--You CANNOT vote for anything you solely composed. This means that if you wrote a video game review by yourself, you cannot vote for it for "Best video game review". However, if you collaborated with someone else on a column, podcast episode, whatever else, then you can vote for it.

--ANYTHING posted on the mainpage from January 1st, 2009 until December 31st, 2009 is eligible for voting.

--PLEASE vote correctly. By this I mean, make sure the things you are voting for are put in the right category and you are properly voting within each category. For example, if you put a vote for a video game review in the Best Comic Book Review category, then I will have to automatically disqualify that particular vote.

--You DO NOT have to vote on every category. While it would be great if you did, it wouldn't be logical for me to require you to vote for every award. You can, of course, vote on every one if you want to, though. The more votes, the better.

Here is a list of all eligible entries from 2009: All reviews, columns, podcasts, etc.

OFFICIAL 4th ANNUAL EARTH-2.NET AWARDS BALLOT

You can copy/paste this to your e-mail. If I forgot anything, let me know, so I can add it in.

================

The MVC Award--Most Valuable Contributor

Best Comic book review

Best Movie review

Best Anime/Manga review

Best Video Game review

Best Column or Feature Article

Best Individual E2 Podcast Episode

Podcast of the Year

Funniest Review (Written or Podcast) of the Year

Greatest (i.e. Funniest) Moment from any of the Podcasts

==============

Send all ballots to THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS. You have until February 7th to get me your ballot. I will not count any ballots received after that.

To help a bit with the comics reviews, these are - in my opinion - the best reviews written by each contributor last year.

Drq - Groom Lake #1, Savage Dragon #145, Sherlock Holmes & Kolchak: The Night Stalker #1, Spawn #190, Superman: Secret Origin #3, Youngblood #8

Chris - Dark X-Men: The Beginning #1, Green Lantern Corps #38, Warlord #5

Aaron - Days Missing #1, I Kill Giants, Scott Pilgrim

Des - Savage Dragon #154, Unknown Soldier #13, Victorian Undead #1

Preston - Batman Confidential #25, Fantastic Force #1, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century: 1910, Wolverine: Weapon X #1

Mike - Doctor Who Classics: Series 2 #12, Invincible Iron Man #20, The Lone Ranger #19

Dan - Doctor Who #1, Secret Six #11, Titans #16

Also, here's a list of my silly/angry reviews last year.

Batman & Robin #5 - Grant Morrison fans come to my house and murder me.

Bomb Queen V #5 - Worst book I ever read. EVER. (Also my favorite closing line I've ever done.)

Justice League of America #38 - Some bum on the street wants you to buy this.

X-Men / Spider-Man #3 - Uncle Jesse is eaten by a bear.