Your first comic book

Missy

Read lots of Brazilian kids' comics, but the first comic book I actually remember buying was an issue of X-Men during the Fatal Attractions crossover (the one where Wolverine had the adamantium ripped out of him by Magneto), because it had this awesome hologram thingie on the cover. Either that one, or this one issue of Spider-Man fighting Boomerang, of all people, on an oil tanker, and a minor Spidey character called Cardiac shows up and blows the boat on them, due to the evils being caused by the company the boat belonged to.

Can't remember which of those came first, really. But it was one of those. I think I only looked at the hologram on the X-Men comic, and never really read it until like three months later.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

It was an issue of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The kid friendly version. It was someime in the late 80s or early 90s. I remember when I entered kindergarden my teacher was impressed with my reading skills. That's one reason why my family has always accepted my comic book obsession, taught me how to read and pretty much made the first few years of school a cake walk.

• 1 month later...