Request Thread

Dread

Earth-2's horror guru hasn't seen anything if he hasn't seen Twilight :evil: That vampire truly makes it a "scary" movie.

It got covered by Mike back in Episode 300 of Earth-2.net The Show, thus saving Dread from having to cover it in the process. Worth a listen if for no other reason than this is Mike before he got drunk for discussing bad movies. What a difference a year makes.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deathbed: The Bed that Eats People

That's got to be a "guy" movie, right?

No mortal should ever have to sit though Death Bed: The Bed That Eats People. When I watched this movie, about halfway through my DVD player spat the disc back out at me and told me in straightforward English, "No. No more."

It's just Death Bed: The Bed that Eats. Patton Oswalt got everyone saying it wrong.

And yeah, as far as the "inanimate object consumes human life" genre of film goes, it's near the bottom.

Sometimes I can still see it when I close my eyes.

• 3 weeks later...

Whoa. D.W. You are fucking awsome for bringing up STREET FIGHTER. One the greatest martial arts masterpieces of all time. Pretty hardcore, though. ENTER THE DRAGON would probably be a more palatable introduction to the Chop-Socky genre. Or perhaps Mamet's REDBELT. Light on the violence but heavy on the philosophy of the machismo-centric male.

If you're looking for a more girly Zhang Yimou film (does Megan mind subtitles?), try Curse of the Golden Flower; more emphasis on pretty and intrigue (and potential interestingness with incest), along with some pretty solid action scenes.

If she does mind subtitles, then go Memoirs of a Geisha, which has no action scenes but is still set in the general East Asian region. :P

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheri. It has all the makings of a chick flick: "forbidden" romance, whores, and an out of nowhere "romantic" ending. Oh, also, Michele Pfieffer and Kathy Bates.

(I say this sarcastically as possible and highly reccomend alcohol while watching it.)

• 8 months later...