Sign in to follow this  
dc20willsave

The Convention Thread

Aw man, you mean I can no longer get Revenge of the Spider-Slayers for $75, and will have to get it for 12 bucks at the next booth over? Gosh darn it.

On 5/11/2017 at 10:40 PM, Dan said:

As I am fundamentally incapable of learning, today I accepted the job of running the Media panel track for Arisia 2018.

TBH, if a con came up to me and said "Hey Dan, pick any job you want, sky's the limit," this is the job I'd pick.

Just finished inputting more panel descriptions than could ever be possibly used.

Fun as hell but way more work and mental energy than I anticipated.

I will explain more in detail in a little bit but is I hold any sort of clout here when it comes to anime conventions.

-DO NOT attend GoDaikoCon

-DO NOT attend Mizucon

-DO NOT attend Anime Crossroads

-DO NOT spend one dollar at the Anime Pavilion booth of any convention (which is a lot of them)

Fucking bastard who runs them stiffed me and Jen on money owed to us.

I just got notes back regarding the Arisia panel descriptions I wrote earlier this month.

In that weird space between "yes, these are good and valid notes and will improve things" and HOW FUCKING DARE YOU MY WORDS ARE PERFECT

I haven't been edited in a while, apparently. 

Holy shit. David Tennant had to cancel on Wizard World, and anticipating the ensuing shitstorm from fans who bought VIP packages, they went a little nuts trying to calm things down.

FB_IMG_1503683031653.jpg

It's about 7 months out from C2E2 next year so I just figured I would check to see if anyone was looking at going next year. They haven't released Hotel prices or Ticket info yet. It is April 6th-8th. If there isn't enough interest, is there a different con that everyone would be interested in doing at any point next year?

I am interested in being in Chicago early next year - my homebuying having curtailed from me having a real holiday in 2017.

Can I afford it this time around? Barring a massive tragedy befalling my house in the next 6 months, probably yes. I'm not necessarily looking at the C2E2 weekend specifically, nor am I vain enough to think "Ian Wilson in Chicago!" is enough of a selling point to generate interest enough to entice others (although I'm still eager to cross off James & Kellen on my Earth-2 bingo card!). But I do want in on the Chicago talk for 2018

I'll be honest: I do C2E2 only about 40% for the con. 60% is getting to hang out with all my friends that I never get to see otherwise. "Ian Wilson in Chicago" is a major selling point.

When I think about it, the cost of going to museums would probably be lower than the cost of the con and the shopping.

Pretty much, as long as I have like 3 months to save, I will be good for whenever for Earth-2Con.