The Convention Thread

dc20willsave

Ian has brought up the idea of doing Karaoke at C2E2 on Friday Night of the trip. I found one place, Brando's, near the hotel though if anyone else has any suggestions, then by all means throw them out.

Karaoke would be an awesome way for us to all hang out on the first night. Good thinking gentlemen!

I tell ya, you haven't lived if you've not seen Adham sing in front of a live audience!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ian has brought up the idea of doing Karaoke at C2E2 on Friday Night of the trip. I found one place, Brando's, near the hotel though if anyone else has any suggestions, then by all means throw them out.

Karaoke would be an awesome way for us to all hang out on the first night. Good thinking gentlemen!

I tell ya, you haven't lived if you've not seen Adham sing in front of a live audience!!

What have I been doing up until now then? I could have sworn it was a rough approximation of living. Can't wait for the real thing. ;)

edit: I've set up my phone for international roaming and the prices are better than I'd thought (36p p/min calling, 16.4p p/min recieving, 11p texts). Probably going to do most of my stuff over there by text.

So. New round of announcements today. Biggest one?

Chris Hemsworth (AKA THOR!) is gonna be there.

Oh, and also there's gonna be a Comedy Death Ray thing Friday night for $10 for C2E2 ticket holders with PATTON OSWALT.

And if you even remotely care about Red State, they're holding a contest to earn a ticket to a March 8th screening or sometihng, I couldn't give a rat's ass.

Alright, I'm down to three options for my tattoo. I'll probably get all of these at some point, but just need to decide what to get first. Obviously, these won't be exact duplications, but these are the general ideas.

We__re_all_mad_here__by_PeANuT_FreAk.jpg

img_1196.jpg?v=113850

A_Perfect_Circle_Tool_Tattoo_by_aperfectool13.jpg

Updating the inenerary:

Okay, this is a very rough itenerary for C2E2. Everything is subject to change.

Thursday, March 17th: Almost everyone arrives in Chicago. Brits coming from the airport, bone up on the transport of Chicago now. Eat at Lucky's Sandwiches where we watch Preston try to do the Lucky's challenge. If you want to place a bet on it, if Preston does it, we all owe him a drink. If he doesn't, he owes all of us a drink. We also do the Chicago Art Institute, free on Thursday from 5 to 8 (Lucky's and the AI are subject to get switched.) We then get drunk since it's St. Patty's day.

Friday, March 18th: We meet Dubs at Chicago's Union Station. After dropping his stuff at the hotel, we head to C2E2 at the McCormick Place's West Building. The Door's open at 1. Alternatively, you can join Ian on his museum tour if this is not the day he does the con. We go to cons, shop, etc. Anyone who wants to go to the Comedy Death-Ray show does and heads back to the hotel around 8. We eat and head to Brando's (or elsewhere if a better suggestion happens) for some drunken Karaoke fun.

Saturday, March 19th: Breakfast at Yolk where we teach those Brits what real bacon is. We head to C2E2, doors opening at 10 that day. Alternatively, you can join Ian on his museum tour if this is not the day he does the con. Come back to the hotel and order Giordanos Pizza. We engage in the main event, the Yanks vs Brits drinking duel. Watch as Ian "Duke of Pubs" Wilson, Tom "The Bristolian Connoisseur" Hemmings, and Adham "Pressure Meister" Fisher take on Preston "The Darkseid of Drinking" Nelson, Hannah "Lady Intoxication" Krueger, and Michael "The Boss of Lagers" Sims. (Drinking duel contests subject to change depending on constitutions/fear of their opponents.)

Sunday, March 20th: Wake up extremely hung-over. Anyone leaving today checks out and heads to the con. People leave at various points.

Slight bump, cause a bunch of new guests were announced - some people from Vampire Diaries and Chuck, if you care about that sort of thing.

I've been looking around the site, and I found the console play rooms - turns out that one of the games available is gonna be MvC3. Anyone up for a few rounds at some point during the con?