The Convention Thread

dc20willsave

I spoke too soon, it appears, and Chicago TARDIS wil lnot be in the cards for me this year.

However, a trip to Chicago in April, say, around C2E2, is still very much in the mix.

Sorry to hear about Chicago TARDIS but hope you can make C2E2. I'm already envisioning you outside your hotel room in a rocker and yelling "You damn kids!" at passerbys.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, my plan is mainly to hang out with everyone as much as possible. If that means going to the convention for 3 days, so be it. Secondarily, if the Cubs are in town, I'd like to go to a game just to be able to say I've been to Wrigley. (The White Sox, too, if I can possibly swing it.) Plus, my mom insists that I go to the museum while I'm there.

Well, my plan is mainly to hang out with everyone as much as possible. If that means going to the convention for 3 days, so be it. Secondarily, if the Cubs are in town, I'd like to go to a game just to be able to say I've been to Wrigley. (The White Sox, too, if I can possibly swing it.) Plus, my mom insists that I go to the museum while I'm there.

I went to 4 museums when I was at C2E2 this year and I want to go back to Chicago to do more!! It won't be this year though, due to crippling poverty.

At least one of my days will be spent at Galloping Ghost Arcade

When the hell did that spring up?! That has to be new, 'cause there's no way I lived one town over and never heard of that.

There's another arcade -- the one I virtually grew up at -- called Haunted Trails. It's a horror-themed mini golf course / arcade.

This is what you pass to enter:

2490.jpg

The Cubs are playing at the Cardinals the entire weekend of the con. However, depending on when you get into town, they are playing on the 12th (Thursday before C2E2). The Sox will be playing the Tigers that weekend though. For museums, if everyone stays at the Grant Park Best Western again this year, the Field Museum is literally a ten minute walk away.

Assuming that my roomie's okay with it, and that you don't mind Wisconsin, I can offer a place to crash between the two. I'm one state up from where you'd need to be, and I'd be taking a bus down to Chitown.

Will, I assume that the threat you made to make a skin suit out of me one night on chat still stands. :P