The Convention Thread

dc20willsave

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are officially invited to Thanksgiving at my place then, Dan. Ask Mike, I make a mean bird. Also, my grandma will hit on you, probably.

Well they are in the same age range. They should be a perfect couple :P

Also, just bought bus tickets and con pass for Anime Central. One question for the Chicago peeps. I'm presently looking at this hotel as where to stay. My question is, is that area safe to be in? Considering I can book the place for $36 CAN a night it seems a bit cheap and you know what they say about too good to be true. Thanks for the help.

Not sure about the area, but Prospect Heights is over 10 miles from the convention center.

I realize that, but all the hotels close to the con are full up, and the cost of this hotel is so damn cheap. Even if I cabbed to and from the hotel to the con it would balance out the be cheaper, and doing this on the cheap is a bit of a priority (hence why I'm busing instead of fling. Hell with it, I'll take it, if the area is that bad, I'll just stay inside.

Jeph Loeb is going to be at C2E2.

I suddenly realize that I must have supreme self-control if I go to any Marvel panels.

Just think about Batman: The Long Halloween, or Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America, or Teen Wolf.

Think about Teen Wolf.

And Commando.

And the first 10 issues of Hush. For the love of god, don't think of the ending.

I'm going to WonderCon on April 4th with my sister! ("Chuck" is going to be there! Adam Baldwin = win.) It's my first one! I'm psyched.

Has anyone ever been/any advice for what to expect?

Listen to Earth-2.net The Show, episode 41 and episode 333. Mike gives some excellent advice.

Awesome, thanks. I'll definitely do that this weekend. =)

Welp I just made a drastic change to my A-Cen itinerary. I canceled my Super 8 reservation after some online research (I gotta keep remembering thay Winnipeg traffic is not a standard to apply to other cities) and was able to book a hotel within a half a mile of the convention centre. Now I'm walking distance from the con, don't need to worry about that pesky bag situation, don't need to deal with cabs and quite frankly it's a better hotel.

Downside is it's going to double my hotel cost, but hell I'm on vacation...that and my tax return is going to work out nicely.

Trust me, man, at the end of the day, you're not going to want to be trudging back to a very far away hotel room. (This coming from the girl who just walked... about 120 blocks yesterday total.)

Also, we have tickets for C2E2, and they were purchased last Friday night, so we should hopefully be getting them in the mail!