The Convention Thread

dc20willsave

I normally don't like double posting this close together but, well, I just noticed that hotels have also been posted. The Best Western is currently 129 which, after taxes and stuff, will come out to being 150 a night. The only lower priced hotels are the Red Roof Inn ($105) and the Essex ($119). Hannah has already pointed out her dislike of the Essex in the past. I personally like The Best Western, it's been nice the last four times. It doesn't cost anything to reserve the room so there you go.

The site is currently listing a 7% discount when you book flights with Delta, 5% with American Airlines. Amtrak is currently down so can't give any travel advice there. Megabus to Atlanta to Chicago, depending on how early you book the tickets (they're not yet available) looks like it might be a minimum of 20 bucks one way, max looks like it might be something like 75.

Edited to add: Room is booked. Woohoo!

Edited by dc20willsave

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Fuck that!

Fuck that, indeed.

However, two things:

• The victims finally have some resolution, and this deal was reached with their input. Small consolation.
  • Ed Kramer is now officially the DA's new hobby. He is going to be watched like a hawk, every day, for the rest of his life, and if he violates the tiniest term of this deal - and he will, as he is sociopatically arrogant and constitutionally incapable of not doing exactly whatever he wants, the instant he decides he wants to - he will land in jail that afternoon, and will rot there the rest of his life.

Thought I'd give first dibs here - because I'm on so many panels, I am getting comped for Arisia, which means I have a free membership to give away to anyone here that might want it. You would have to get yourself here and make your own hotel arrangements, but the membership is free. Let me know if you'r einterested.

• 1 month later...

There is about an 85-90% chance that I won't be making it to Chicago again. I am quite literally losing money working at my current job and will likely be flat broke by the end of the month.

Sorry if that screws up anyone's plans.