The Convention Thread

dc20willsave

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Historically they always have had a booth presence at large cons, especially if Marvel had one. Last year their lack of a booth at C2E2 was a pretty big deal, and they claimed that it was a screw-up on the part of some low-level staffer. But now that they've done it again this year, it's clear that it's intentional.

That's crazy, how could that possibly hap...wait, is that the DVD on my shelf? The DVD that I could easily bring to wherever we hang out at after the con? Why, I believe it is.

In all seriousness, I'm proud that Room 237 has infiltrated Mike's dreams. Also, I totally have it on DVD.

So, some basic planning things (I figure we can work out more specifics like food and night plans as we get closer - 3 weeks from today!) that we should figure:

-When is everyone due to arrive, and where at?

-Would you like people to come and meet you if possible?

-When/where are you due to depart?

-any panels you're super interested in?

-My bus gets in at Union at 11 am Weds; I will probably be the first in town, with the exception of those of you who live there.

-depending on where/when everyone else is due to arrive, I'm willing to hang around Union for a while.

-Bus leaves from Union at 6 Sunday night.

-The only thing that's grabbing me panel wise is the Defiance panel at noon on Sunday.

In other news, my stuff for my Sailor Jupiter cosplay got here last night. :D

I get in at 1 to Union so I would appreciate if you waited for me then we can walk to the Hotel together. Matt and I can probably drop you off at Union on Sunday. Kel and James, if you message me your numbers, I will text you the room number when I check in.

Also, we should figure out who's bringing their copy of Cards. I say we should make use of the blank cards.

We're getting into O'Hare around 3 on Friday.

There are a handful of panels that sound like they could be interesting, but nothing earthshattering. I would kind of like to see Mark Waid on the Silver Age trivia thing. Actually, pretty much anything Waid is on is something I'm at least open to. And like I said earlier, if the Stan Lee autographing thing is at all feasible I'd be in. I have promised Wendee a dinner out, probably Sunday night.

We leave on Monday early afternoon.

Sunday seems like it would be the better night to do so since most of the kids will have left by then and most of the attractions will be quieter than Saturday or Friday night.

I'm at work until 7. When I get home, I will start listing off some of the food places that I've looked at that looked interesting along with links to menus. If anyone has a cuisine or place they want to hit, say so. I figure we'll probably do Giordano's Friday and Harold's Chicken Shack some other night. Mike, as always, if you have a suggestion, please let us know.

--My plane arrives at O'Haire at 12:40pm on Wednesday. I was just going to hail a cab to the hotel, unless some of you veterans have any better suggestions?

--I'm flying out at 8:31pm Sunday night, so I'll need to be at the airport by 6:30pm.

--I'm getting a Sunday one-day pass and that's almost certainly the only day I'm attending the con. I want to hit up the dealer's room to see if there are decent deals on books and whatnot.

--Yes, I'm bringing Damien's CAH set, which has all four expansions.

--I think we decided to just buy tickets at the Wrigley Field gate for the Thursday afternoon game, right? As bad as the Cubs are, I doubt we'll have any problem getting tickets for a Diamondbacks/Cubs game.

--I am down for most any kind of cuisine for lunch and dinner plans. Anything Asian, Italian, pizza, whatever. I'm very flexible in the food department.

--My plane arrives at O'Haire at 12:40pm on Wednesday. I was just going to hail a cab to the hotel, unless some of you veterans have any better suggestions?

The CTA trip will be longer, but it will cost you $3.00-ish compared to $35-60 for a cab.