• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

So, I am thinking about going to the Mid-Ohio Con this weekend since I oddly have the weekend off. But I really don't know if it is worth it. Ah, indecisiveness, how I do not like thee.

I like Mid-Ohio. It is mostly a vendor convention but they tend to have a lot of interesting guests and artists. Plus, it's in the better part of Columbus so I'd say it's worth it. I remember from last year that it tends not to be a horribly cramped con either.

So I went. It was entertaining enough. Not all that crowded and plenty to look at and spend money I don't have on things I don't need. Worst part was I parked on the wrong side of the convention center. Live & Learn.

Lucky. The guys I was going to go with got drunk the night before (I can't fault them since I was with them and could have stopped it) and wasn't up for driving the next day. Oh well. I still have Ohayocon to look forward to in January and C2E2 in March.

Considering the car repairs I had to pay for this weekend, it's looking less and less likely that I'm going to be able to make it to C2E2.

Only chance is if my raise goes through in time at work.

YOU CAN MAKE IT DUBS. WORST COMES TO WORST YOU CAN BUY THE BADGE AT THE DOOR AND CRASH ON SOMEONE'S FLOOR.

CAPSLOCK OF ENTHUSIASM.

EDIT: Also, have yet to buy the badge, due to most of my money going to fees associated with currency exchange.

Agreed. I'm sure you can find something to make it work out, Dubs. If you think it'll save money, take the bus or the train rather than drive or, if Koete is going, work out a carpooling scheme with him. That's the reason I set up the Facebook group, so if people hit snags, they have people to help them with alleviating expenses whether through lodging or driving.

Also, yeah, need to get on buying my pass also. As a reminder, the Early Bird special for tickets ends on the 31st of December. After then, prices rise from 45 for a weekend pass to 50. Onsite tickets cost 60. All prices are US$ and I don't know what that is in other denominations.

• 2 weeks later...

My flights just slightly dipped in price, so I'm looking to get all my ducks in a row and book ASAP. I need to know which hotel was the cheap one people are staying at and which nights people plan on staying, I'm currently thinking Thurs/fri/sat/sun to cover all the days. Flights currents look like arriving Thursday 13:45 and leaving Monday at around 17:30. Unless I fly in Friday to save a day on the hotels, but if I do that I miss the first day and to be honest the cost of the extra day in Chicago for me is one more day in the hotel and a flight that's £10 cheaper.

Bought my ticket though, there's no backing out now.