2010 Resolutions

Missy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why isn't Drag Queen Gardner Mike's avatar already?

That image I posted above, which I called Gal Gardner when I made it, was my avatar ages ago.

Wait, I thought we were getting you a female hooker for your birthday unless, okay, Will is confused and just going to stop now and do something less confusing like watch some David Lynch.

It will be a woman, but dressed as Guy. :wub:

I'll jump on that weight-loss bandwagon!

- Seriously, just exercise more and drink less beer. I'm trying to not drink my favourite brand of lager for the entire calender year and I may even be running a half-marathon in September. Which will mean training as I doubt I can currently run half a mile, never mind 13 of them.

- Get a part-time job, as then I won't have to halve my MA course for financial reasons.

- Start up my own website based upon my museum journals, which I started in early 2008.

- Catch up on Comic Reel-lief, both written and audio as they've been put on hold for the fairly consuming project that is FYEO.

- Give FYEO a good send-off.

- Be in a reasonably strong financial position for the autumn as a lot of things will be changing around the end of my course, and the more I can afford to live off of, the better off I'll be.

• 2 weeks later...

-Get over my recent breakup back in October

-Get significantly stronger. I go to the gym regularly, but this year I really wanna bulk up a bit.

-Procrastinate less and become better informed about things which are truly important.

-Parlay my writing skills and aspiring art talents into some sort of job relating to comics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

We're more than halfway through the year. How's everyone doing with their resolutions?

- Read at least one book a month. Botched this one.

- Lose at least 25 pounds by eating better and exercising. I've been going to the gym everyday for six weeks now. Not sure how much I've lost, but I have slimmed down and am toning up.

- Get back on a pescetarian diet. Not quite, but getting there.

- No more caffeine. It makes me too edgy. I've cut down how much I'm consuming.

- Take more chances. Yup.

- Be more outgoing. It's still hard, but I'm trying.

- This one will make Niki happy: Write more. Every time I think I have the time to write, something pops up.

Good idea, Mike. I was thinking on this for awhile but didn't want to because I've been falling flat on my face with a lot of them.

I'll join everyone is wanting to lose weight. I'm currently at 240, having lost a few pounds over break oddly enough. However, I still need to lose a few pounds or just firm up what I have. Yeah, not working yet/

Other (and more important) resolutions include:

-Read most of the books I've accumulated in the previous months. I'm forcing myself this time with punishment if I don't.I haven't read nearly as many as I liked.

-Finish school. I need to do this. I can't afford to let the Spanish language continue to kick my ass. Not happening until at least March next year.

-Get a better job. I love working at the bookstore but it also makes me miserable. That and a dead monkey could do a better job than our current Textbook Manager. Might be getting a promotion but still at the BKStore.

-Drop a few comics. Right now I average about 60 bucks a month because I can't work up the drive to switch to trades for a few of the titles or just say, no, I don't want to get this comic anymore. To be fair, post Blackest Night, I'm not going to be reading any event comics for a while. I burnt out on events. Doing that tomorrow.

-Write, for the love of god, write something not for game or class. Still nothing.

-Drink less soda. I was doing good for awhile but when I have people over I buy beverages and I had about a month there where I bought a cube of Mountain Dew a week. I've cut down on soda big time in the last month.

-Try and not be such a pushover. Make people do stuff for themselves for once. Wish I could say I was making progress here but ehhh.

-Get a washer and dryer becaude I seem to be the only one of my roommates who hasn't promised to get one at one point or another and I need to do my laundry, bad. Got one. Laundry is getting done a good amount of the time.

And for my resolution that I have no real hopes on:

-Get something good written and submit it out to either an indy comic publisher or work up the nerve to send it out bigger and get published. A boy can dream. Nothing here in the least bit.

Mine are:

1. Write fiction, it's been over a year and a half since I last did anything.Two short sequences of fiction. One based on a fake trailer of the Matrix, and the other my 30 second apple skit for Youtube.

2. Finish all my college work and pass it. (Some fucking how I did it.)

3. Get into a Uni to study a course I want.(Sort of, not counting my chickens till induction.)

4. Write up where I see myself in five years.(Really should get round to that.)

5. Buy less shit.(Working on it.)

6. Save more. (Ditto)

7. Be less safe, I just seem to be plodding along, I need to take chances and do things.(Trying here)

8. Go somewhere I've never been before. (Ditto)

9. Try and lose around 10 pounds, probably won't work, but I would like it.(I think I've actually gained weight, so fuck)

10. Actually work on fixing my shitty grammar, spelling errors, and all round poor comprehension of the written english language. (It's getting better.)

Updated. Bar the actually gaining weight thing, I don't think it's too bad.

1) Read more novels with the purpose of becoming a better writer.

I don't think I've finished a single book this year.

2) Meet new people.

Hardly. I've practically become a shut-in.

3) Find a new line of work.

No, though I'm quickly approaching my breaking point with this job.

4) Get the fuck out of Maryland.

Nope.

Yeah, I was never very good at resolutions.

I'll jump on that weight-loss bandwagon!

- Seriously, just exercise more and drink less beer. I'm trying to not drink my favourite brand of lager for the entire calender year and I may even be running a half-marathon in September. Which will mean training as I doubt I can currently run half a mile, never mind 13 of them.

Yeah, that's not happened. I reckon my weight-loss will come with a return to rowing, but I want to be settled somewhere before I join a new club. But I cannot run.

- Get a part-time job, as then I won't have to halve my MA course for financial reasons.

Damn economy....

- Start up my own website based upon my museum journals, which I started in early 2008.

This is actually being worked on, although it's currently on the back-burner whilst I'm in dissertation seasn

- Catch up on Comic Reel-lief, both written and audio as they've been put on hold for the fairly consuming project that is FYEO.

In fairness, I was quite productive around May....

- Give FYEO a good send-off.

Achieved!! :buttrock:

- Be in a reasonably strong financial position for the autumn as a lot of things will be changing around the end of my course, and the more I can afford to live off of, the better off I'll be.

Again, damn economy. Still, I'll have my day-to-day debts cleared by the time I leave Newcastle and then whatever job I take on will help pay back my education for the next few years. Essentially, I'll be starting my finances from scratch!

- Be the person I see in my head I definitely started down the track of better personal discovery, so half check

- start planning long term, ie 3-5 years. Maybe move to the US or London Nothing here, if anything I'm living more in the moment

- gain weight, sorry guys but I'm about 5kgs under my ideal weight. Just need it to be bulk not buldge *sigh* added 6kgs, half buldge though. But everyone says I look healthier so I'm ok with it.