Episode 70

RSS

BTAS Batman may have the same voice actor, but is a completely different character from the Batman of Justice League. He's not the same guy, at all. BTAS Batman made jokes, enjoyed time with Dick and Alfred. After the Gotham Knights redesign, the character became darker, (to throw him into sharper contrast with Superman, methinks), and by the time we reach JLU, Batman is almost entirely humorless, and pretty unlikeable.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTAS Batman may have the same voice actor, but is a completely different character from the Batman of Justice League. He's not the same guy, at all. BTAS Batman made jokes, enjoyed time with Dick and Alfred. After the Gotham Knights redesign, the character became darker, (to throw him into sharper contrast with Superman, methinks), and by the time we reach JLU, Batman is almost entirely humorless, and pretty unlikeable.

I always saw it as just the natural evolution of the character. He's got humor and a bit of lightheartedness in BTAS, but he had changed by the time of TNBA/Gotham Knights (as Dick Grayson noticed in "Old Wounds"), and finally in JL, he was all-business, as he was completely focused on "the task."

Whenever we see the more "personal" side of Bruce in JL (dancing with Diana in "Maid of Honor," for instance), he does resemble the BTAS/TNBA Bruce Wayne.

I disagree. The JL/JLU version is not only my favorite Batman design in the DCAU but my favorite version. I don't contest that he got darker and less likable in Gotham Knights, but in Justice League, surrounded by all his contemporaries I feel he got lighter, then after ROTJ he gradually changed into the super-brooding Bruce Wayne of Batman Beyond. In JL/JLU he smiles and makes jokes at times. Specifically in the Secret Society episode.

Clayface: "You didn't think I;d come w/o reinforcements, didja?

Bats: "Wish I'd thought of that. *League bust down door* Oh wait, I DID."

*awesome*