Assassin's Creed 3

JackFetch

I finished the game last night. Don't worry, I won't spoil anything. Just highly disappointed in the end result. Played 5 AC games now, and to end with what we got, Ubisoft showed be ashamed of themselves.

I'm playing 360 version, and its buggy as all hell. Characters invisible during cutscenes. Unable to interact with some items when the game tells me I can. Cutting out of audio, and subtitles. Also another big one was that sometimes after a sequence has been completed, the game Connor will be talking during the animus loading screen, and then a cutscenes plays and he begins talking over himself.

Many more bugs and glitches just didn't help my final thoughts on the game overall. Connor as a character was good. Angry and ruthless, but I also got a Luke/Anakin Skywalker feel to him. And like mentioned above, the twist toward was well done.

That's how I was. The bugs alone have made this game frustrating to the point of wanting to break my controller. They cost me mission many times for no reasons.

All the best though. I hope you enjoy it more than me. But I can't wait to hear what your thoughts on the ending are.

The fucking wolf attack broke me, the single worst laziest invention of the last 30 years of gaming is quicktime events, and that's basically what that bit is. It's not that I probably couldn't beat it (I tried about twice total), it's that the experience would be seriously negative value on the fun scale.

Those surprise wolf attack moments seemed exciting, but QTE ruined it. You're so right. And the stalking from trees aspect of the game, not so great when most of the time you can't get into the trees until you find a perfectly placed tree with hand holds on it. And the fact Boston and New York lack tall building, just hurts the gameplay. Now you just run around on the street. I miss the rooftop stalking gameplay.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, a stupid and completely unrewarding ending. Didn't see that coming.

Game was pretty much what it's always been. Connor's story is no where near as interesting as Ezio's, and he gets jerked around in so many different directions that you really never get a sense of who he is. There are a ton of extra things to do, like hunting and naval battles, but the game never gives you any reason do to them. I never went into a shop a single time and beat the game with the default weapons. The wilderness areas really could have been left out completely. There is no sense of grand scale that the trailers showed; no real indication of why Connor does much of anything outside of misguided revenge.

The Desmond stuff is what I always found the most interesting and they completely dropped the ball. All setup for absolutely zero payoff.

I can already tell what AC4 is going to be. No thanks. I'm done.

I didn't like the ending either.

I don't understand why you kill off Desmond at all, I dont understand these gaming companies that kill off the major hero just because they've decided they want a new direction. So let the hero live happily ever after and move onto something else. To just kill him off after so long left a bitter taste in my mouth.