Warren Ellis

Drubot

Did you read the entire series? I laughed my ass off at the end when Spider... well, I won't spoil it... but when he did what he did and he said what he said... I laughed and laughed and laughed. Great ending to an awesome book.

Have you read Planetary yet?

I read up to 12 or 13 (?) and then there was that loooooong break between issues. So I can't even remember what was going on, I just know that it was good.

Oh, and trust me when I say the ending to Transmet is the best.

• 1 year later...
Ripping Yarns

It occurs to me that an awful lot of trouble in Gotham City could have been averted a long time ago if Batman had just ripped the Joker's nipples off.

I mean, treatment doesn't work, does it? They stick the Joker in the nuthatch, he comes out again and does the same things.

A man with the nipples ripped off him does not make the same mistakes twice.

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, and need the nipples ripped off them.

I mean, who's going to argue?

"Batman, I've heard disturbing reports that you ripped the Joker's nipples off."

"Choke on my fuck, Commissioner Gordon."

"...okay."

I mean, crime in Gotham City doesn't exactly seem to be affected by a man dressed as a bat flapping around the place. But no-one disobeys a man wearing a necklace of human nipples.

"I'm Batman" isn't cutting it in the striking-fear-into-their-hearts stakes. But "I'm Batman -- and I'm here for your nipples" is an entirely different proposition.

Criminals would see the error of their ways after a man in a black leather pervert suit had their nipples off with the edge of a Batarang, you mark my words. Or a Bat-Denipplizer.

I'm off to ring DC Comics.

© Warren Ellis 2002, 2004

(SCREAM TALKING. Fifty short pieces. A complete work, more or less. This is an old one, but I don't think you've seen it yet. So I thought I'd pass it on.)

This is why I love Warren Ellis.

• 3 months later...