All 4 Avengers Series To Be Cancelled

Koete

So either they'll be writing 5-6 characters decently and neglecting about 50 others who had previously be regulars, or they'll just be paying minor lip service to about 50 characters.

I mean, USAgent is supposedly in Mighty Avengers, but that team hasn't been together long enough for him to even do anything worthwhile. Now they're just kicking him to the curb again?

My prediction on what's going to happen:

New Avengers becomes Avengers with the original numbering.

Mighty Avengers either becomes New Mighty Avengers or something of the like.

Avengers The Initiative becomes the rumored Avengers Academy.

Dark Avengers will either merge with Thunderbolts or become a Masters of Evil monthly.

I agree with some of Will's predictions, but I feel:

New Avengers will become Avengers, with the old numbering. (The Avengers ended at #503, and New Avengers will close up with #64. If they combine the numbering, the series will be pushing #600.)

Mighty Avengers will become Avengers West Coast / West Coast Avengers.

Dark Avengers will become Thunderbolts #1.

Avengers: The Initiative will become either Young Avengers or Avengers Academy (which I'm hearing about for the first time).

Dark Avengers will become Thunderbolts #1.

That would be very interesting. Presumably characters like Sentry and Aries would be assigned to this team in order to try and redeem them to some degree. I'm betting on Steve Rogers taking over Shield, so possibly throw in Nick Fury as heading up this group as well as his Howling Commandos. Moonstone, Venom, Bullseye and Co are pretty much irredeemable at this point, and aside from Ant-man I can't see any of the losers on the current Tbolts team making the leap to the sort of lineup required to draw a big crowd for a fresh no. 1.

If a Thunderbolts #1 is part of the Avengers relaunch, here's the roster as I see it: Ronin / Hawkeye will take the role of team leader once more. He more than anybody has been against the Dark Avengers and how they're dirtying the legacy of the team, so I think he'll oversee the new Thunderbolts to make sure they pay for that / reform.

The rest of the team will be Daken, Ares, Songbird, Ant-Man, maybe Sentry, and I'm pulling this one out of nowhere, but I'll say Scarlet Witch.

If a Thunderbolts #1 is part of the Avengers relaunch, here's the roster as I see it: Ronin / Hawkeye will take the role of team leader once more. He more than anybody has been against the Dark Avengers and how they're dirtying the legacy of the team, so I think he'll oversee the new Thunderbolts to make sure they pay for that / reform.

The rest of the team will be Daken, Ares, Songbird, Ant-Man, maybe Sentry, and I'm pulling this one out of nowhere, but I'll say Scarlet Witch.

I don't see Wanda returning outside of a big event, and Siege doesn't have enough issues to include her as well. I'd go with Clint leading, but I don't see Daken signing up right now. Ares, Songbird, Sandman and Sentry are good calls, although I'm trying to think of a way that Sentry could be controlled or have some sort of failsafe against him going bananas again. I get the feeling he might be in for a period of self exile some time soon, so when he shows up again there are going to be some big reveals regarding what sort of position he is going to occupy. As long as he's not the Marvel Superboy-Prime I'm happy to see where they go with him.

I'd see some Initiative guys like Taskmaster joining up too. Tasky's long been a favourite of mine, and the T-bolts and a potential rivalry with Hawkeye would be great to read.

I see Ares turning on Norman during Siege so wouldnt mind him as leader of the T-Bolts for awhile if Fury doesnt take over. Really enjoyed Ares, Daken and Bullseye during the Dark Reign run as I hadnt read much of them before, anyone else think the Ares 3 parter was good with his Dark Reign tie in?

Ares is awesome. He has ruled since Bendis brought him back in Mighty Avengers. Spectacular character. He's like Thor or Hercules, just way, way more unpredictable.

Seconded. A friend lent me the original Ares mini a while back and I really liked it, and he's been a home run as part of the Avengers, Mighty and Dark. He's just insanely honourable, vicious, incredibly powerful and morally dubious whilst also being a decent guy. He's basically what would happen if Wolverine were crossed with Hercules.

Infact I now want Ares on a Fury led team after the issues they have had recently with Ares' kid who Fury is mentoring/bringing up it seems, would result in some great interactions both on and off the field. Plus I want Bullseye dressing up as a new superhero to remain in the team as well with no-one knowing who it really is

Infact I now want Ares on a Fury led team after the issues they have had recently with Ares' kid who Fury is mentoring/bringing up it seems, would result in some great interactions both on and off the field. Plus I want Bullseye dressing up as a new superhero to remain in the team as well with no-one knowing who it really is

I'd love to see Bullseye and Moonstone feature regularly somewhere, but I don't see them being on the side of angels. I'm hoping the fallout from Siege involves the heroes hunting down the erstwhile Osbourne flunkies. In the case of Bullseye and The Sentry that should be interesting to watch.

Moonstone is probably one of the more interesting characters that Marvel has right now. During Thunderbolts, she really straddled the line between good and evil until she did something few villains do in comics when they become gray: she decides to settle back onto the evil side of the fence. If anything, it really also worked to show how much Songbird had grown as a character during her time with the Thunderbolts. I want them on the same team again or Songbird with the Avengers. She's definitely earned the right to graduate. Moonstone can probably feign "The Nanobots made me do it" to get out of any actual punishment with staying with Norman's regime.

• 3 weeks later...
Thunderbolts isn't getting canceled. Jeff Parker is taking over writing duties. From the looks of it, the new team line up is Luke Cage, Moonstone, Man-Thing, Ghost, Crossbones, and Juggernaut. I'm hoping that Songbird's absence from the line-up means that she might be graduating to one of the Avengers teams.

What the hell is Luke Cage doing on a team with Crossbones? Come on, the man assassinated Captain America AND has been working with racially motivated paramilitary groups his entire career! Man-thing isn't exactly a team player either.

The rest is fine. Ghost has been the real standout player from the current lineup of Tbolts jobbers, I think only he and Ant-man will move on to better things from that team.