The Amazing Spider-Man

JackFetch

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's almost 30. How is that right for the role of a teenage Peter Parker?

He doesn't look it though. And hell, Age doesn't affect acting chops. He may be perfect as a teenage Peter. It's better the studio is trying to hire talent, and not some one just because they are close to the age.

Andrew Garfield was just amazing in a little film called Boy A and in The tv series Red riding.

He also had a small part in one of the Tennant Doctor Who episodes.

Like this choice for Spidey and I am curious about the choice of the director after the really enjoyable 500 days of summer.

Just hope it's not a complete retelling of the origin story again.

He also had a small part in one of the Tennant Doctor Who episodes.

I heard he was the boyrfriend who was turned into a pig in the Daleks in New York episode. It was a shit episode(s)

Andrew Garfield was in that shitty two-part story, but he didn't play Laszlo -- the pig guy. He played Frank, the young man who went into the sewers with The Doctor.

• 1 month later...
The Spider-Man reboot is looking for its female lead and Heat Vision claims to have the shortlist of actresses who have met for the part.

The articles also states that the character of Mary Jane Watson will not be the film's love interest, leading to speculation that the storyline will add either Gwen Stacy, Felicia Hardy (the Black Cat), another of Peter Parker's past loves or may feature an all-new character created especially for the film.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/106001-no-mary-jane-for-the-spider-man-reboot

This is the first thing I think they've done right. I think Emma Roberts should get it but in my head she'll always be 10 years old so that might be weird.

Neither MJ or Gwen were in high school with Peter and MJ was introduced well before Gwen died. Sounds like you're pro-rearranging the comics continuity. ;)

But I agree, if they make another trilogy, building Gwen up as a character and then having her die at the end of the second film would be very effective.

I didn't say follow it exactly. MJ had no business being in the first Spider-Man movie. Gwen was his first love before MJ, and he needs to go through that before getting with MJ. They are going to put a love interest in it no matter what, and I'd rather it was Gwen than anyone else. It's not about rearranging the continuity, because they are going to do that anyways. I just want to keep things in some kind of order that makes sense story wise.

I just want them to follow the comics a little closer. MJ was not in high school with him, and shouldn't be in the story until after Gwen is gone. Maybe movie three. Her death would make a great end to the second movie.

She was in the Ultimate version.

With all due respect, fuck the ultimate version.

I just want them to follow the comics a little closer. MJ was not in high school with him, and shouldn't be in the story until after Gwen is gone. Maybe movie three. Her death would make a great end to the second movie.

She was in the Ultimate version.

With all due respect, fuck the ultimate version.

Hey, it's a great comic. Personally I don't mind if MJ or Gwen is the romantic interest but they should be basing the feel and look of the new film heavily on Ultimate Spider-man. That is unless Peter wants to be meeting which ever of the girls at the malt shop.