The Amazing Spider-Man

JackFetch

But I want Ben. :cry:

I also want Ben. Astonishing Spider-man (uk collected editions) was the first mainstream marvel comic I bought and I just flat out quit after they killed Ben. He was my Spider-man right up until Ultimate came along.

I still think it was completely unnecessary to kill Ben to end the clone saga. A marvel Universe with two Spider-men would be far more interesting than only having one, even if Peter was the only one actually called that. Just think, Ben could have been the one who sided with Cap in the Civil War, whilst Pete went with Tony. Ben could be the guy in the Avengers whilst Pete remains more his own man. Ben could have been a top candidate to become the new Captain America. I can't think of a single Marvel storyline they did since the clone saga that would have been hurt by there being another Spider-man out there. I would be even cooler post one more day since Ben could be the guy getting everything in his life right whilst Peter is having his traditional bad luck.

I really want them to bring Ben back, its not enough to get the occasional hint of his past. I mean, I respect the way he died but I never saw the upside to killing him.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stavros, have you been reading the Clone Saga mini? I hear it's what the writers orignally wanted the clone saga to be. Also, those CE's from Marvel, all just got rebranded as #1's, with only the Spider-Man one making any sense(They tied it into OMD and BND)

I read the first two and honestly, I thought it was awful. Just terrible. Half the story wouldn't have worked due to how the events leading up to the saga were timed. I get that its a re imagining but it just felt very poorly executed to me.

CE's?

Spider-Man will swing into theaters worldwide in 3D beginning July 3, 2012, it was announced today by Jeff Blake, Chairman of Sony Pictures Worldwide Marketing & Distribution. The new film which is still untitled, will begin production later this year directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by James Vanderbilt. Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin will produce the film from Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios.

Commenting on the announcement, Blake said, "Spider-Man is the ultimate summer movie-going experience, and we're thrilled the filmmakers are presenting the next installment in 3D. Spider-Man is one of the most popular characters in the world, and we know audiences are eager and excited to discover Marc's fantastic vision for Peter Parker and the franchise."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=63191

But so long as they don't overuse it and do gimmick shots.

This is Hollywood. They always overdo it. If they had the technology, there would be a pair of glasses you could wear to see into Spider-Man's digestive system.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-twitter-campaign-wants-community-actor-to-be-first-non-white-spider-man.html

Could the movies soon have the first African American Spider-Man?

If thousands of Twitter users get their way, the star of Sony's upcoming reboot of the franchise will be Donald Glover, best known from his role on NBC's "Community." This weekend the Twitter hashtag "donald4spiderman" became the #3 trending topic in the U.S., and the campaign is still gaining steam.

The origins of this latest attempt by social media users to influence casting decisions occurred last week. After surveying the five mostly unknown white actors said to be vying for the role, Marc Bernadin, a writer for the sci-fi site io9.com, called the choices "bland" and asked, "In this day and age, why does Spidey have to be a white guy?" In response, commenters threw out Donald Glover's name as a possible contender, and a Twitter campaign was born.

A unique aspect of this latest fan campaign is its wholehearted support by the subject in question. Glover seems to like the idea (though he makes it clear on his Twitter page that he's interested in auditioning, not just being handed the role without first having to prove his worthiness). While he had nothing to do with its inception, Glover himself has been promoting the campaign, instructing fans to tweet the #donald4spiderman hash tag at strategic times to keep it trending.

In years past, an Internet petition of this kind might not be given much credence, but given the overwhelming success of the recent social-media uprising to get Betty White a hosting gig on "Saturday Night Live," this could be Glover's ticket to director Marc Webb's tryout room. He and his fans will have to act fast, though: The Hollywood Reporter is already forecasting the five most likely contenders for the role, and Glover is not on the list

Glover, a comedian and former writer for "30 Rock," has starred in only one movie so far: "Mystery Team," a comedy he co-created with his sketch comedy team, Derrick Comedy, which came out in 2009.

One hurdle Glover's fans will have is in his presumed bankability as a movie star: "Mystery Team" brought in a meager $89.4 thousand in domestic box-office sales.