The Amazing Spider-Man

JackFetch

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was really good and a ton of fun. I'm not saying it was flawless, it did have some problems namely the lizard.

It improved on a lot of things that the Raimi films did wrong but there were a few things it didn't do quite as well. The two big ones that come to mind are the music (James Horner did fine but compared to Elfman's it was no where close) and the web slinging wasn't as exciting (in the Raimi films it was always one long shot but in this the camera just kept cutting to different shots so it didn't get the same effect)

Saw the movie today. I feel mixed on it. It had some great moments, Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy in particular. Then you had things like the utter stalkerness of Peter at the beginning. I'm just really mixed on the film.

Also, I saw some echoes of Catwoman in the film, namely in that being bitten by a spider makes Peter Parker into a meth addict who's good at basketball.

That's not quite stalker behavior; that's just normal teenage boy crush drama. To be technical, it was a picture of the debate team that was halfway zoomed in on her. While that might be creepy by adult standards, for a shy teenage boy that's pretty normal. It would have been stalkerish if he were following her everywhere or trying to peek in her bedroom while she was undressing.

With the little details like him sleeping with a night light on, having Gwen in his wallpaper(my crush was my wallpaper for a while) and being distracted while in a conversation, I really connected to this Peter. I saw this with my mom, and she said Pete reminds her of me. I said Aunt May reminds me of her. :P

Loved it.

Better than The Avengers. Not sure if I'm sold it's better than Spider-Man 2, but if not, it's damn near close.

The relationship between May/Ben/Peter sold me, had me teary at the "apology" scene. The Lizard was amazing. Looked great. Amazing effects, really worked well when the first Spidey film really doesn't hold up in that aspect. Not sure if there was even one moment when it looked iffy when Spider-Man was moving.

Wasn't totally sold on Emma Stone, but she's better than Dunst and that last shot of her face made her look like Romita drew her.

The origin stuff was what I was mostly worried about and that was handled really well. You got a lot of characterization in the first hour that solidified the film. Good shit.

That bridge scene outdoes the train scene in SM2 as far as real heroics. Really great.

The first person Spider-man movement footage they showed a while back didn't convince me, but I thought it was used sparingly, but effectively.

AND, Webb used popular music effectively, which I already knew he could, but outdid Raimi in horror aspects. I would never have thought that a non-Raimi directed SM movie would be scarier than anything he could do.

3D? Unnecessary. But when isn't it?

Wasn't my choice. I'll see the rest later. I played the game so the whole movie was already spoiled for me. The thing that pisses me off is that he doesn't seem to care who knows his identity. Everyone knows Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Hell, even random cops that were standing there when Captain Stacy said it knows.

Shut down computer. Walked up to bed. Remembered. Walked downstairs. Turned computer on.

If anybody says that there will ever be a better cameo for Stan Lee than this film, they will be punched in the mouth.

The only better cameo would be the one where he doesn't show up.

The thing that pisses me off is that he doesn't seem to care who knows his identity. Everyone knows Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Hell, even random cops that were standing there when Captain Stacy said it knows.

No, only Gwen and Captain Stacy were told. If you notice, all the other cops in that scene are either knocked out or too far off to hear. Lizard found out his identity, but Peter didn't tell him; Lizard just figured it out.

Yeah, Peter takes his mask off near that kid, but he makes sure to put it back on before he hands the kid to his dad. What's the kid going to do? Describe a teenage white guy with brown hair? In a city of eight million, that doesn't narrow it down.

I'm one of the few people who honestly never minds the Stan cameos. When he's dead I expect them to CG him into every movie too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZFS8xaY33I&feature=related

Spider-man 3 is the worst because it's so blunt, then maybe Hulk because it's blatant and simultaneously throwaway. The Iron Man Hefner one was my favourite up to now, but there's plenty of fun ones in there. ASM does win it though.

The thing that pisses me off is that he doesn't seem to care who knows his identity. Everyone knows Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Hell, even random cops that were standing there when Captain Stacy said it knows.

No, only Gwen and Captain Stacy were told. If you notice, all the other cops in that scene are either knocked out or too far off to hear. Lizard found out his identity, but Peter didn't tell him; Lizard just figured it out.

When he tells her that her boyfriend wears many masks, and it's obvious what they are talking about there is a cop standing right next to the car they are standing at. He's even looking right at them listening to them.