X-Men Origins: Cyclops?

Guest tnr105

I know they are planning a Wolverine Sequel, Magneto, and First Class, but my bud Tom and I just watched X2 and he was complaining about lack of Cyclops in the X-Men film franchise and they had him on the sidelines. That got me thinking, do you guys think a Cyclops deserves a solo film, and if he did could it work? They could show all the stuff with Corsair, and could parallel the Wolverine/Sabertooth dynamic by including Havok and Vulcan. If they want to make a First Class film, they could exclude Jean and have Emma Frost be a love interest as they met in Wolverine. So do you guys think this could work? I know the they aren't planning a Cyclops movie, but I could see it happening. I don't have the resources, but if anyone would like to produce a fan-film or podcast audio dramas, I am working on a fan-fiction script just for fun.

First class is Cyclops, they are trying to maintain a loose continuity in this series. Why would he get another film as well? Plus its way too late to start introducing an alien aspect when they ignored it the first time when they did Phoenix.

Plus, y'know, Scott is dead. No space for anything prior to X-men with Scott, since before he was when he couldn't control his powers. No space afterwards because he's dust.

True enough, although it could happen post first class and pre-x-men 1. Also we never technically see Scott's death like we did with Xavier. We only see his glasses floating at Alkali Lake, who knows if he really died or not

True enough, although it could happen post first class and pre-x-men 1. Also we never technically see Scott's death like we did with Xavier. We only see his glasses floating at Alkali Lake, who knows if he really died or not

When I saw that happen to him, all I said was "I hope he's dead. He was a dick." don't take that away from me.

When I saw that happen to him, all I said was "I hope he's dead. He was a dick." don't take that away from me.

Eh, while I agree he is bland, the movies made his dickery to the extreme. Check out Wolverine and the X-Men, he's actually kinda cool there.

I didn't mind him in the first two. If some hairy canadian with knuckle cutlery was sniffing around your girl you'd be a dick to him too. They just sorta wrote him out to accommodate Wolverine, and I though that was bullshit. Build them equal and you've got a stronger franchise. As it was he wound up getting less play than Storm most of the time.

I didn't mind him in the first two. If some hairy canadian with knuckle cutlery was sniffing around your girl you'd be a dick to him too. They just sorta wrote him out to accommodate Wolverine, and I though that was bullshit. Build them equal and you've got a stronger franchise. As it was he wound up getting less play than Storm most of the time.

I agree, completely. I never thought he was a dick at all in the films. I mean, right from the start in the first film, he holds out his hand politely to Logan, and Logan just rudely stares him down. Next, Scott walks in on Logan and Jean in a very very weird situation, and only taunts Logan after Logan taunts him to do it.

I actually really appreciated Cyclops in X1 and X2 just because he was the one guy who could knock Wolverine down a notch from his "I am the badass lord of this film" throne.

That being said, First Class has been said to be a Cyclops-centric film, as it'll build up his character into the leader that he's supposed to be.

And hey, maybe with all the reboots of continuity (like the upcoming Deadpool film), they'll just ignore his death in X3 for any future films.

Yeah, First Class is going to essentially be the Cyclops origin movie. Sucks for James Marsden, but I personally like getting paid for not doing much work, so it can't be all that bad.

Cyclops was awesome in the original X-Trilogy. The problem? His onscreen time probably totalled half an hour across three films. The studio and Singer came down more on Wolverine (which shouldn't be too surprising) and Cyclops lost out, as Marsden wasn't as big a name as Halle Berry, which explains why Storm is more prominent. That, and her bitching and moaning about her role in the trilogy throughout. Whilst Cyclops should have had a bigger role than he originally did, at the end of the day he didn't and he won't get a better break than First Class. That film COULD re-dress the balance, but even then, the more compelling storyline is going to be the souring of the Xavier-Magneto relationship if that's happening in First Class.

Fucking Halle Berry, she was just about the worst thing to happen to those films. See, without her useless side-plots being added on you have more time to devote to Cyclops, who is supposed to be a far more central character. Its no wonder Marsden wanted to go off and be a whole new guy in Superman returns.