Episode 02

RSS

I'm late to the game. Notes as I listen (and, as before, read submissions):

re: saying Robocop is perfect for the eighties and the "me" generation:

Yes, it is a perfect representation of the the go-go eighties, and an appropriate way people of that time might forecast a future, but I might argue that the "me" generation was only five years old at the time. Boomers are selfish as fuck, but Millennials are the "me" generation if there ever was one. It's sick. Really sick.

Anyway, other notes:

-I do not like seeing Red Forman in this movie. Because he is now and forever will be just Red Forman.

-Nice stock-villain laugh, Des.

-I enjoyed your singing, Megan. Nice job. All podcasts should sing more theme songs.

-I agree about the movie's writing. It's got great layering, very smart, but it is also very appealing to a "general" audience.

-You HAVE TO do a Showgirls episode. Nice recall of the caffeine pill episode. Also, Dustin Diamond is a dirty, dirty man.

-"Tatas of the bodacious variety." Nice.

-Ah-ha, Megan is a Millennial, five in '87. Hmmm...

-Ricki Lake! Montel! I used to love Montel.

-I also would take stop-motion over CGI any day, because there is an art to it. More practical effects, please.

-Megan, I also watch stuff with my eyes squinty. I sympathize.

-RED FORMAN IS CUTE. Kudos, Megan. But I don't think he is un-cute later. So. Maybe I have a thing for crotchety, angry older men.

-Your son is so precious, he makes my uterus hurt.

-I also really dislike The 40 Year-Old Virgin, but enjoy the Office.

-It's fair to make the distinction between "we're adults" and "we're adults with degrees."

Another triumph. I love you two.

Wow! Nicolette... we have lots in common :) especially the love for myself and Mr Des! hahah! To wax on about one point you made... our sons are enough to make any uterus ache... until you're in their company for over 15 minutes.. then you run for the hills and your diaphram. Wow. Diaphram... speaking of 80s.. I don't know anyone who actually uses one now... ok, I think my fevered delirium may now be alienating the male readers on the forum, so I will end here.

Wow! Nicolette... we have lots in common :) especially the love for myself and Mr Des! hahah! To wax on about one point you made... our sons are enough to make any uterus ache... until you're in their company for over 15 minutes.. then you run for the hills and your diaphram. Wow. Diaphram... speaking of 80s.. I don't know anyone who actually uses one now... ok, I think my fevered delirium may now be alienating the male readers on the forum, so I will end here.

Heh, diaphram. I don't know anyone who uses one, either.