Young Justice

Koete

From the blog of actress Stephanie Lemelin:

WOW. Ok… I am beyond thrilled to announce that I was recently cast in the new animated series, YOUNG JUSTICE LEAGUE, based on the famous (and awesome!?) DC Comics. I seriously could not be more excited about being welcomed into this amazing family… what a fantastic way to start the new year! I will be voicing the character of Arrowette (see ridiculously hot avatar below!!! um, could I love her anymore?) as well as several supporting cast members… Due to the extreme popularity of this series, however, that’s about all I can say… for now. So excited, this is really a dream come true for me, I have ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A SATURDAY MORNING CARTOOON!!! Woohoo!

arrowetteavatar3.jpg

Um...wow. I don't think anyone saw that coming.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Bleeding Cool:

UPDATE: I’ve been passed the following snippet purporting to be from someone who has seen a poster image for the show

It’s Sorta THE Young Justice. They will be going out with this BIG TIME at Comic Con. From what I saw, it’s Martian Girl, Aqualad, Nightwing, Impulse, Arrowette, and Connor Kent. The poster gives me the tone that it’s a cross between JLU and TT. I liked the look a lot. It’s not quite Timm-style, but it’s not All Murikami’d out like Teen Titans.

The kids were the focus of the poster, in the center, but The JL was behind them.

That's a hell of a lineup until you twig that WONDER GIRL is missing. Y'know, the only one who has consistently been in the teams from Young Justice through to the modern Teen Titans. Plus this Superboy thing is really starting to irritate me.

Don't see any reason to exclude her and throw in Arrowette. If they need a chick with arrows it should be Speedy, they can just hush up her being HIV positive.

That's a hell of a lineup until you twig that WONDER GIRL is missing. Y'know, the only one who has consistently been in the teams from Young Justice through to the modern Teen Titans. Plus this Superboy thing is really starting to irritate me.

Normally I'd agree, but Wonder Girl has been a massive bitch in the comics for a while now, so I don't really care anymore.

Don't see any reason to exclude her and throw in Arrowette. If they need a chick with arrows it should be Speedy, they can just hush up her being HIV positive.

Speedy is Arrowette.

No she's not, at least the version in Young Justice wasn't. I know the original was a Green Arrow side character but the YJ version had nothing to do with him.

Aside from anything else they are distinct characters in the comics, they aren't the same person. they are also distinct personalities and Speedy has a massively more relevant background, being a sidekick of sorts who could function as a sort of earlier version of Nightwing, one who hasn't gone so far to separate herself from her mentor at this stage.

Plus as daft a name as Speedy is, Arrowette is FAR worse.

Am I the only person looking at this, and saying "meh"

Yes, minor quibbles aside this could be hella cool, especially if the complexity of that character model can be matched by the usual smooth DC animation.

They might also be combining the characters of Speedy and Arrowette. Arrowette is less sonfsing to kids who would wonder why Speedy isn't running. I know kids aren't that dmb but execs might think they are.

To be fair, I always thought that Speedy was a dumb name for an archer character, comic book tradition be damned. Arrowette sounds a lot cooler to me, silly as it is.

I actually heard somewhere about this before, like a week ago, and I believe it does have Bruce Timm in the crew. I'll try and find where i heard it.

EDIT: Toonzone had some information about three series that will come to cartoon network (thread), one is a scooby doo one, one is this young justice thing, and there seems to be anotehr that looks like a Green lantern thing in 2011 with Bruce Timm.

Also, Tequan Richmond will be voicing Aqualad. This Aqualad will be African American.

44029166.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1265165196&Signature=miEcjZqWmje18%2FvurpLKkEcOanw%3D

• 2 months later...
Have you heard the news? Today Cartoon Network announced not one, but two new shows sure to bring a smile to regular readers of THE SOURCE. Here’s the skinny:

MAD MAGAZINE is an animated sketch-comedy series produced by Warner Bros. Animation that uses the iconic MAD Magazine, published by DC Comics, as inspiration. Expect a chaotic mix of animation styles and twisted humor to pull back the curtain and expose the truth behind movies, TV shows, games, pop culture and, of course, curtains.

“You can expect to see some familiar faces on screen and big names behind the scenes,” said Diane Nelson, President of DC Entertainment. “The show will unleash MAD’s irreverent take on pop culture and today’s headlines, and feature classic characters including Alfred E. Neuman and Spy Vs. Spy. Our partners at Warner Bros. Animation and Cartoon Network are helping DC Entertainment revitalize the cherished MAD brand across all media.”

Behind the scenes, animation buffs will find some distinguished names. Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is the executive producer. Kevin Shinick (Robot Chicken) and Mark Marek (KaBlam!, The Andy Milonakis Show) are the producers.

Pretty fantastic news, right? But, wait, we promised there would be more and, yes, there’s more…

YOUNG JUSTICE is an all-new series produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based upon the characters from DC Comics. In YOUNG JUSTICE, being a teenager means proving yourself over and over – to peers, parents, teachers, mentors and, ultimately, to yourself. But what if you’re not just a normal teenager? What if you’re a teenage super hero? How much harder will it be to prove yourself in a world of super powers, super villains and super secrets? Are you ready to come of age in such a world? Are you ready for life or death rites of passage? Are you ready to join the ranks of the great heroes and prove you’re worthy of the Justice League? The members of Young Justice—Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis—are about to find out.

“There’s much more to come from DC Entertainment,” said Geoff Johns, DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer. “This is just the beginning.”

DC Source

Ah, Conner Kent. You fly under the radar of awesome for all the nineties then get that T-Shirt and Jeans costume and you suddenly for yourself the most awesome teenage superhero in the DC Universe in my eyes. I will of course be watching every moment of this. I hope they get the Conner and Tim friendship down perfect.