Young Justice

Koete

Btw, is that Robin Tim? Because I wanna say it is.

See, that's the thing. The interview says that it's a "young DC universe," where Superman only appeared about 10 years ago, and this Robin has already been in the hero business for 4 years. So it's possible that it could be Dick or Jason. I hope it's Tim, though.

Also, Kid Flash looked a lot more like Bart in the first image, but here he looks a bit more like Wally. Could be either one at this point.

But then on the other hand, we see there's an image of Speedy, both as "Speedy" and older as Arsenal, so perhaps there was a previous "young heroes" group? After all, it'd be weird to have Dick (or even Jason) be a kid while Roy is nearly an adult.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter David has announced he's writing several episodes of Young Justice, the much-anticipated Cartoon Network series based on the DC Comics title he worked on for nearly five years.

"I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to reconnect with the characters," he wrote this morning on his blog, "even if there are some differences between the guys I wrote and the new incarnation. I would love to tell you all about my first episode, but I’m afraid that it’s … oh, what’s the word … Secret.

Source

http://www.ugo.com/tv/comic-con-2010-young-justice

During the Batman: Brave And The Bold panel, creators Brandon Vietti and Greg Weissman got a chance to show off some character designs and footage from their upcoming animated series Young Justice, as well as dish on a few of the details.

We saw the footage, whose animation style resembles previous animated DC efforts like Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, and takes a more grounded and realistic approach to the DC Universe. The Young Justice team will operate as something of an undercover unit designed to combat the increasinly efficient supervillains, as the Justice League's high profile prevents them from stopping more and more criminal

Here's what they were willing to tell us:

* The series takes place within the 50 DC Multiverses, specifically Earth-16, at an early stage in DC Continuity

* Sixteen of the regular Justice League members will appear, with Bruce Greenwood voicing Batman, Phil LaMarr voicing Aquaman, Alan Tudyk as Green Arrow, and Rob Lowe as Captain Marvel

* The core Young Justice team will consist of Robin/Dick Grayson (Jesse McCartney), Kid Flash/Wally West (Jason Spizak), Aqualad (Kari Peyton), Superboy/Connor Kent (Nolan North), Miss Martian (Danica McKellar), and Artemis (Stephani Lemelin)

* SPOILER ALERT!

In a twist, the creators have decided to name Black Manta as Aqualad's father!

* Several cold-themed villains appeared in the footage, namely Captain Cold, Ice, and Icicle.

Dick Grayson & Wally West?

Nooooooooooooooo... - _ -

It wouldn't bother me if it wasn't for the fact that they're using the younger characters like Connor Kent and Miss Martian alongside them.

And Black Manta as Aquaman's father? That's a bit of a stretch.

Still think it'll ultimately be great, though, even if it's screwing all crazy with the general DCU.

Dick Grayson & Wally West?

Nooooooooooooooo... - _ -

It wouldn't bother me if it wasn't for the fact that they're using the younger characters like Connor Kent and Miss Martian alongside them.

And Black Manta as Aquaman's father? That's a bit of a stretch.

Still think it'll ultimately be great, though, even if it's screwing all crazy with the general DCU.

I agree, I would much prefer it to be Bart and Tim in the team, and Wally and Dick to be either JL or on their own.

The Aqualad thing is coming right out of Brightest Day though. So, it's got Johns' approval.

Love how ambitious the character models and scope of this show are. No offence to Teen Titans but this is what this premise at its full potential can be, in a place where you don't mind throwing in the mentors.

Weird that Dick is Tim, but then I think the Robin in this is only as old as Tim is now in the DCU, and he's not Robin any more. Plus its confusing to have generations of heroes like that, with Justice League, Titans and then the Teen Titans/Young Justice. Throw in the Justice Society and you'll lose a lot of people. This is already the most ambitious DC cartoon we've seen so far they can't take it too far.

That being said, I really like the relationship between the Robins, its a really nice way of adding to the Bats/Tim relationship to some extent. Shame it won't be part of this.

There's also the fact that they're merging some of the original Titans with Young Justice and the current (younger) Titans, so it basically means that the Teen Titans don't exist at all in this continuity.

:(

Also, it's weird that Nightwing doesn't exist, seeing as how he was a really great "bridge" between the younger heroes and the Justice League in the comics. Now that he's seemingly younger than Conner, Wally, and Miss Martian, it's just.... ehhhhhhhhhhhh...

Can't they just make a cartoon wihout people complaining about where it fits into continuity?

No, it's not about continuity. It's just that there's certain things that were really great in the comics that they're changing, and I'm not entirely convinced that it's a good idea.

Still psyched for the show, though. Should be great nonetheless.

Well, also-

They revealed that someone would die in the show during the first season. Dick Grayson maybe? Or if they are willing to kill, maybe they are willing to revolve the roster a little more. Robin becomes Nightwing, Tim signs up as a hero with more comparable experience to the rest of the team.

Guest TFG1Mike

I'm not to thrilled with what I've seen of this so far. Which obviously is very little. I think they've just taken the DCU film dtyle and put it on a TV series. I'll still keep an open mind for now though.

• 2 months later...

Well, also-

They revealed that someone would die in the show during the first season. Dick Grayson maybe? Or if they are willing to kill, maybe they are willing to revolve the roster a little more. Robin becomes Nightwing, Tim signs up as a hero with more comparable experience to the rest of the team.

I think they'd more likely off Superboy or Barry Allen since both were killed in the comics.