Young Justice

Koete

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should just go and be Nightwing Arsenal already.

According to wikipedia, he's gonna become Red Arrow rather than Arsenal. On that note, what's the difference between the two personas?

Arsenal uses anything as a weapon, guns, knives the whole kitten-caboodle. Red Arrow follows GA's example and just uses a bow.

I'll watch the first episode then take it from there. I can already tell I won't like Speedy.

Also, can the name of the thread be changed from "Young Justice League Cartoon" to just "Young Justice" if the show is going to start tonight.

You really aren't going to have to worry about Speedy too much.

Just finished it.

Wasn't overwhelmed by it, nor underwhelmed. Just whelmed.

Main thoughts:

The animation is brilliant. Looks better than most of the DCUA Movies, actually. The action isn't quite JLU-level, though the camera angles are a lot more dynamic.

I like the main cast, for the most part. Robin is cool. Wally didn't have much to do in this episode, but he was fun anyway. This version of Aqualad seems to be the same new kid from Brightest Day, but actually raised in Atlantis rather than on land; it's really interesting. Speedy can crawl in a hole and die.

They really seem to be aiming for a serialized format with the show, seeing as how there are several obvious character arcs that start here, along with the overall "evil villain" arc. The tone of the show is similar to a modern DCU comic (like Johns' Teen Titans) rather than the usual superhero animated series fare, which is really, really cool.

The moment between Superboy and Superman was really great, since it really highlighted the realistic problems of a Superman clone suddenly being tossed into the world. Superboy expects Superman to just welcome him with open arms, but Superman's halfway between concerned and bothered that someone tried to make an controlled clone of him. While this means that Superboy's gonna be all angst-ridden for a while (which could get annoying), I'm excited to see what happens.

Also, the League mentions that they're investigating why three ice-themed villains would attack on the same day, but that's never resolved. Future plot point, perhaps?

Miss Martian just sort of showed up at the end. She also seems to maybe have a crush on Superboy?

Overall, I thought it wasn't jaw-dropping, but it's got a ton of potential. Very optimistic about this series.

By changing so much they've managed to throw up a whole bunch of interesting new angles for this universe. I liked the pilot, but I get the feeling that I'm really going to love some of the upcoming stuff where we get even more Young Justice members and loads of different villains. Looks extremely promising, especially the Superboy arc.

Thoughts as I watch this:

Christ, that today is the day line got rammed into the ground fast.

The animation really makes me think of Marvel animation for some reason.

I still don't like Speedy.

Aqualad seems almost apathetic at times and doesn't seem that bothered about what is going on.

Hey, Captain America The Guardian showed up!

There's an atomic symbol for Krypton?

Aqualad has a nice power.

So:

Young Justice is the Teen Version of the Outsiders?

All in all, it was a good episode, marred by the repeated use of that fucking "Today's the day" line. Also, its interesting Conner wasn't actually named in the episode.

Krypton is an element, a gas. It's no 36 on the periodic table. Of course the gas has sod-all to do with the planet or the meteor rocks, but they decided to use it here anyway. Despite codenames for projects being used to hide their purpose, and project Kr explicitly referencing Krypton.

Krypton is an element, a gas. It's no 36 on the periodic table. Of course the gas has sod-all to do with the planet or the meteor rocks, but they decided to use it here anyway. Despite codenames for projects being used to hide their purpose, and project Kr explicitly referencing Krypton.

Ah. Well, that makes sense. I agree the Codename being Krypton was a bit on the nose, but what else could they name the project:

Codename: We are definitely not making a clone of Superman.

Guest TFG1Mike

Suave no worries on Speedy I bet he won't ever show up again. As far as you thinking that it reminds you of Marvel animation. Nah it seems more like a combination of all the DCU Movies animation styles. At least that's what I thought.

Suave no worries on Speedy I bet he won't ever show up again. As far as you thinking that it reminds you of Marvel animation. Nah it seems more like a combination of all the DCU Movies animation styles. At least that's what I thought.

I don't know, it was just the feel of the show, and how they moved and how the city looked. Made me think of that recent X-Men cartoon for some reason.

Also, I think Speedy will show up down the line, after Arrowette shows up, calling himself Arsenal.

I don't know, it was just the feel of the show, and how they moved and how the city looked. Made me think of that recent X-Men cartoon for some reason.

Also, I think Speedy will show up down the line, after Arrowette shows up, calling himself Arsenal.

Actually, they say he's gonna appear as Red Arrow, not Arsenal. But we'll see...

As for the episode as a whole, I think it was decent. I like most of the designs (especially Blockbuster) and the voice-acting (the big exception being Robin; he lisps too much for my taste). I wonder who the board members of Cadmus on the television screens are...