Young Justice

Koete

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only was that the 60's series head bust he opened to push the button, but wasn't that the Gotham Knights' Bruce Wayne office?

Maybe, but his design definitely owes a bit to his Gotham Knights incarnation. Speaking of which, what's he doing in Metropolis?

Also, what does everyone think about Gotham City being in southeastern Connecticut?

Maybe, but his design definitely owes a bit to his Gotham Knights incarnation. Speaking of which, what's he doing in Metropolis?

Also, what does everyone think about Gotham City being in southeastern Connecticut?

Well Bruce Wayne is the owner of a multi-billion dollar business and Metropolis is a town that helps to run a lot of businesses, so I'm not surprised to see him there. Its just one of those convenient times for him to be there when a disaster happens, but still.

Also, when I saw the map, it looked like Gotham was right next to New York, in a way that its a part of New York, but I'm terrible at geography.

The animation felt a bit weird when the series first aired, growing up with the DCAU I got used to the old fashioned hand drawing animation. I know the Justice League and JLU were CGI a bit, but you still had a hand drawn look at times, this to me had a full CGI feel. But now the animation is starting to grow on me.

That's about where it's supposed to be. The silver age comics had Metropolis in Delaware, too.

The animation felt a bit weird when the series first aired, growing up with the DCAU I got used to the old fashioned hand drawing animation. I know the Justice League and JLU were CGI a bit, but you still had a hand drawn look at times, this to me had a full CGI feel. But now the animation is starting to grow on me.

The DCAU's had CG coloring since the days of STAS; that's not new. The actual animation in YJ isn't "CG;" it's just that the animators have better technology to help them iron out imperfections in their work. An example of actual CG animation would be Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

The DCAU's had CG coloring since the days of STAS; that's not new. The actual animation in YJ isn't "CG;" it's just that the animators have better technology to help them iron out imperfections in their work. An example of actual CG animation would be Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

Ahh, well that's what made the animation in those days so great, the imperfections, made it great to watch over and over again, too perfect is boring, but like I said this series is growing on me

Not only was that the 60's series head bust he opened to push the button, but wasn't that the Gotham Knights' Bruce Wayne office?

I know this is a different part of the multiverse but when Superman and Batman took down President Luthor at the same time Talia sold Lexcorp to Wayne Enterprises. If I am remembering correctly.

I know this is a different part of the multiverse but when Superman and Batman took down President Luthor at the same time Talia sold Lexcorp to Wayne Enterprises. If I am remembering correctly.

There's nothing to suggest either of these things happened in this universe. Though it might take a few stories from the comics, this show follows its own damn continuity, rather than slavishly adopting comic story-arcs like the X-Men Animated Series in the 90s did (don't get me wrong, I quite like that show and it had good source material to work with, but as a result lacked some originality in its story arcs).

I know it was mentioned, but I have a harder time with Bruce having an office overlooking a spontaneous bridge collapse than just him being in Metropolis. His being in Metropolis could be like 5 days a year, the odds that he's watching a bridge when one of it's giant supports cracks apart for no reason are astronomical. I mean, the concrete support just ruptured under the weight of a schoolbus that is significantly lighter than all the trucks that must go over it every day. Plus I love that in comics and cartoons steel reinforcing is sort of take it or leave it instead of being mandatory in every way imaginable.

I'm starting to like this series as I get used to the character models, anyhow I think it has more of a chance of surviving than Avengers does. It seems like when I come to this thread people are talking about it and with Avengers not so much. If they can't attract an audience from people like those whom post here then they are in trouble.

Guest TFG1Mike

What villains would y'all like to see appear on the series eventually (they've said they won't use Deathstroke, at least for the time being, since he was the main villain of Teen Titans and they want to set their show apart from it)?

I'd like to see Red Hood Vs Robin.... I'd love to see these creators take on Etrigan even though he's not a villain.

Joker obviously.... Lobo maybe? :D

What villains would y'all like to see appear on the series eventually (they've said they won't use Deathstroke, at least for the time being, since he was the main villain of Teen Titans and they want to set their show apart from it)?

I'd like to see Red Hood Vs Robin.... I'd love to see these creators take on Etrigan even though he's not a villain.

Joker obviously.... Lobo maybe? :D

Amen to Joker, Etrigan, and Lobo

I'd like to see Luthor and wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the secret scientists working with Cadmus; one of them I think is the Brain because on one of the screens is a bullet-shaped head and a French accent; a few more of Batman's rogues would also be nice, like Mad Hatter or Two-Face

I wanna see an episode just focusing on the Justice League.

NO NO NO. That's never gonna happen and should never happen. This is a show about teen heroes and their growth. It would be just like having Batman on appear on Teen Titans: He would just overshadow Robin and company. While Batman and the Justice League do appear on the show, they appear strictly as mentors.

Batman was barely even referenced in Teen Titans. He shows up every other episode in YJ.

The JL is still a major part of the show. They're actual secondary characters. A JL-centric episode would be no more out-of-place than a JLU episode focusing on Vigilante and Shining Knight.

And, hey, even in the YJ universe (Earth-16), the Justice League is a lot more influential and important in the world than the younger heroes. It only makes sense.

The way I figured it would be that maybe the younger team gets kidnapped, and the League has to save them. Through that, we learn what the younger heroes really mean to their mentors. It'd be a great character development story.