Episode 03

RSS

In this episode, there's drama, bickering, fighting, sexiness, profound metaphors, and tears. And that's just the hosts! Desmond threatens to destroy Megan, and she rips his guts out. Is this a kung fu splatter epic? No, it's (500) Days of Summer. Also, has Megan ever seen Bat-nipples? And Married to Movies goes international. But don't worry, it's not scary... because there's numbers. And numbers help you. [ 46:35 || 21.6 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/marriedtomovies/episodes/marriedtomovies_003.mp3

Definitely going to be finding this movie now. Excellent show, as always, and I can't emphasize how fun it is to listen to you two banter.

Minor odd thing on the iTunes feed; for whatever reason, I can't get the previous two episodes to download. Subscribed this morning, so I have the third episode, but the other two won't download for whatever reason.

Minor odd thing on the iTunes feed; for whatever reason, I can't get the previous two episodes to download. Subscribed this morning, so I have the third episode, but the other two won't download for whatever reason.

Curious. It's working for me. I even unsubscribed then resubscribed, and all three downloaded without issue. Anyone else having that problem?

Also, Megan? Speaking as a lady, I think you'll appreciate all the ripped men running around in capes and Speedos for two hours, if nothing else. :P

I'll also be trying the iTunes thing again when I get back to the room from work here. Do note that our intarnets out at Lawrence can be a bit fucked, so it may just be something along those lines.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed this, it was probably my no. 2 film last year after Trek. The sheer imagination shown through the films various less conventional set-pieces, I thought it all really came together, plus I already had a lot of time for both of the leads. Without question in my mind the best set-piece I saw in cinema last year was the split screen between his expectations and the reality, because of the slight time differential that meant his expectations were playing out about 5 seconds ahead of what really happened, allowing you to compare and contrast. Needless to say the way the music (which had been there all along) kicks in at the vital moment and the power of the visual washout that happens at the end, it all combined to create something really heartfelt and affecting.

Hope everyone else checking this film out enjoys it as much as all of us.

300 should be fun. 500 days was a guys emotional perspective on relationships, 300 is a veritable meat market of male bodies for the ladies to objectify. There could not be a more polar opposite film to look at.

I approve of the pledge drive to send the Reddicks to fair Britannia! I'm too poor to contribute, but my noble sentiments are behind such a move. I'd be delighted to guest in July, but its clearly a package deal, so I'll have to consult with Mr Fisher.

As for the review, I enjoyed it greatly. I'm not sure that its my kind of thing, which is why I let Stavros talk to me at length about when we met up last year, but I here enough glowing reviews about from my internet peers such as yourselves that I may rent it at some point down the line.

Right, back to the editing of that thing that comes betweens your third and fourth episodes....

I'm not sure that its my kind of thing, which is why I let Stavros talk to me at length about when we met up last year,

I'm never going to hear the end of this am I? I figured it didn't matter what I was talking about since I was massively sober and you increasingly weren't. Your repeated acknowledgement of your problems with alcohol spoke volumes. :P

I'm not sure that its my kind of thing, which is why I let Stavros talk to me at length about when we met up last year,

I'm never going to hear the end of this am I? I figured it didn't matter what I was talking about since I was massively sober and you increasingly weren't. Your repeated acknowledgement of your problems with alcohol spoke volumes. :P

The first step is admitting you have a problem, and I forget the second one! :D

The first step is admitting you have a problem, and I forget the second one! :D

I'm sure the answer is at the bottom of a glass, and I admire your dogged persistence in search of that precise glass.