History of Comics on Film Series

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RE: Atop The Fourth Wall's Cry For Justice Review - A Video Response In Two Parts

The last couple of weeks I've been watching Atop The Fourth Wall's video reviews on the comic book series Cry For Justice.

I was compelled to create my own video to serve as a counterpoint to many of the criticisms and arguments brought up in Linkara's aforementioned review.

So I contacted the man to inform him of my intentions, and with his blessing

I present his series of reviews alongside my own respsonse.

Like my friend Mike Priest would say, I hope you find them "edu-taining."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We couldn't disagree more on "The Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire," Derek. I thought it was one of the most boring, meandering X-Men stories I've ever read. Even Ed Brubaker seemed disinterested in the project, as it lacked his wonderful dialog, characterization, and story structure. Unlike Magneto, whose side you can see and understand, Vulcan was a raving madman. The art was lackluster at best, and Nightcrawler was wasted, as he did nothing.

We couldn't disagree more on "The Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire," Derek. I thought it was one of the most boring, meandering X-Men stories I've ever read. Even Ed Brubaker seemed disinterested in the project, as it lacked his wonderful dialog, characterization, and story structure. Unlike Magneto, whose side you can see and understand, Vulcan was a raving madman. The art was lackluster at best, and Nightcrawler was wasted, as he did nothing.

That's fine. Everyone's bound to have their own opinions and taste. I just try to use the Top Ten list's to share mine. I tend to think my favorites sometimes are heavily nostalgic or even obscure at times.

I really liked all the sci-fi and cosmic stuff being put out by Marvel and the X-Story was the genesis of a good portion of it.

What are some of your favorite X-Men stories. What would you have put in its place?

• 3 weeks later...

This was actually a pretty good pilot and had great potential, however I think putting Wonder Woman on there is what killed it. Still I thought, I'd use this post to ask you; how do you feel about Adrienne Padalecki playing Wonder Woman? I actually think she can do it, I enjoyed her as Supergirl on Smallville(before Laura Vandevoort came as the "real" Supergirl)and really thought she did well as The Siren on Mercy Reef(Aquaman pilot). I also liked her on Supernatural.

• 4 weeks later...

This was a great review, has it been released on DVD? I know the pilot was released with Wonder Woman Season 3, uch of the footage look like they came from a beat up Beta Max Tape or VHS tape. Still it looks ok, the review great

Thanks!

No, except for that Warner TV DVD episode that came with Wonder Woman S3. I used what I could of that, but yes the rest were from old VHS tapes or TV Land airings.

Another great one, the Smallville version of Isis was actually pretty good, but the episode was used as a filler like focus, its sad cause more could have been done with that version.

Seems like a good deal of guests on Smallville could maybe have held their own series.

For some quick thoughts on Smallville (mostly related to the series finale):

http://fanholespodcast.blogspot.com/2011/05/fanholes-episode-12-throwin-general-lee.html

This was actually a pretty good pilot and had great potential, however I think putting Wonder Woman on there is what killed it. Still I thought, I'd use this post to ask you; how do you feel about Adrienne Padalecki playing Wonder Woman? I actually think she can do it, I enjoyed her as Supergirl on Smallville(before Laura Vandevoort came as the "real" Supergirl)and really thought she did well as The Siren on Mercy Reef(Aquaman pilot). I also liked her on Supernatural.

I thought the Siren was a bit cheeseball, but that's not her fault.

For some uninformed thoughts on the new failed Wonder Woman pilot:

http://fanholespodcast.blogspot.com/2011/03/fanholes-episode-4-hulk-ocean.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...