• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Disney is making a ton of live action remake/sequels.

The studio confirmed that it is planning to make “Cruella,” an “101 Dalmatians” spin-off with Emma Stone, as well as sequels to “Jungle Book” and “Maleficent.” Angelina Jolie is set to return for “Maleficent” with Linda Woolverton, the screenwriter on the first film, handling script duties. “Jungle Book” director Jon Favreau and writer Justin Marks are returning for another trip into the wild.

The company also confirmed that it is moving forward with Jennifer Lee’s adaptation of Madeleine L’Engle’s “A Wrinkle in Time” with Ava Duvernay directing; “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” with director Lasse Hallstrom (“My Life as a Dog”) and writer Ashleigh Powell attached; a Tinker Bell project with Reese Witherspoon set to star and Victoria Strouse (“Finding Dory”) writing; “Jungle Cruise” with Dwayne Johnson set to star and John Requa and Glenn Ficarra (“Focus”) writing; and “Dumbo” with director Tim Burton and writer Ehren Kruger (“Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen”) overseeing the elephant tale.

In addition, Disney said it is planning a sequel to “Mary Poppins” with Emily Blunt and “Hamilton” creator Lin Manuel-Miranda starring and Rob Marshall (“Chicago”) directing.

They have claimed these dates:

UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) previously dated on 12/22/17 moves up to 7/28/17
UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) now dated on 4/6/18
UNTITLED DISNEY LIVE ACTION now dated on 8/3/18
UNTITLED DISNEY LIVE ACTION now dated on 12/25/18
UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) now dated on 12/20/19

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/disney-claims-dates-for-several-new-movies-confirms-jungle-book-2-mary-poppins-sequel-1201760227/ 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found the Complete Rocko's Modern Life series on DVD and have been making my way through season 1. Moreso than Ren and Stimpy where John Kriscifalusi's self-indulgent mania eventually got him fired, this show is blatantly, Flagrantly not for kids. The sense of humor is so explicitly adult and mean spirited, the only way it must have gotten a pass is because Rocko is as much of a nice guy as Ren was an evil asshole, making the show more subversive. I always loved the sense of humor as a kid, especially the show's use of sound effects. But halfway through season 1 I'm shocked as to what made it on the air.