Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tried to explain to my sons (4 and 6) than when I was a kid, you could only watch cartoons at certain times of the day, and you were limited to what was on at the time. They did not get it. It is an alien concept to them.

On-demand services are amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Dread said:

I remember crying like a fucking baby when I discovered I wouldn't be home in time to watch wrestling on a Saturday when I had no warning to tape it beforehand. Fucking DEVASTATED. 

I remember being really ticked off when I missed the premiere of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine because it was delayed by over an hour by some sporting event. I had set my VCR to record it, and still missed it.

Brother and I weren't allowed to watch South Park, so when Channel 4 had an evening dedicated to it I crept downstairs at 9pm to push the 'Play' and 'Record' buttons on the VCR simultaneously to get 3 hours of content on a tape! 

This is why 'Not without my anus' ranks among my favourite episodes. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do any of you know a way to save your spot watching a Google Play movie or TV show on a Windows desktop PC? I believe the Roku player saves your spot, and I know the Google Play movies & TV app for iOS does it, but I have not been able to figure out how to do that on my PC.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy cow. I did not realize until just now that Michael B. Jordan is in Creed, Black Panther and Fantastic Four. (I have not yet seen Fruitville Station.) There are a lot of actors where it seems like he is playing himself in every movie. Jordan's characters in those three moves are totally different from each other. That's the sign of a good actor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...