Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, Stavros, that may be the only cement related complaint I have heard. Yeah?

Well it they will treat this stuff like science fiction.

Also it completely lack credibility that the army could be convinced to abduct kids from poor school districts considering that the vast majority of the army is made up of soldiers from those very areas. I don't think "We were just following orders" cuts it in a westernised country in this day and age. British troops as faceless oppressors in England just isn't credible.

Its just not believable. This is a great story in the scenes relating to the moral issues and Peter Capaldi's performance, but quite a lot of the rest is lacking.

Watching Torchwood: Children of Earth. The technical details of this really irk me. For starters, I find it highly unlikely that the respectable nation chain of concrete suppliers CEMEX could be convinced to bury a screaming man in concrete, nor would they loan out one of their trucks unmanned. Its even less likely that they could hire in both CEMEX and a separate company for the pumping rig. Lastly, these people have no fucking clue what concrete looks like or how it works. The stuff they were pumping in was water and cement, harmful yes (toxic skin irritant), but not likely to turn solid any time soon. You actually need some ratio of sand and/or stone to make concrete, and when that's poured it doesn't look like gunge from the Noel Edmunds house party.

You must be a hoot at parties...

Watching Torchwood: Children of Earth. The technical details of this really irk me. For starters, I find it highly unlikely that the respectable nation chain of concrete suppliers CEMEX could be convinced to bury a screaming man in concrete, nor would they loan out one of their trucks unmanned. Its even less likely that they could hire in both CEMEX and a separate company for the pumping rig. Lastly, these people have no fucking clue what concrete looks like or how it works. The stuff they were pumping in was water and cement, harmful yes (toxic skin irritant), but not likely to turn solid any time soon. You actually need some ratio of sand and/or stone to make concrete, and when that's poured it doesn't look like gunge from the Noel Edmunds house party.

I'd say I'm different with a drink in me but I've been drinking since 11am. You'd be like this if there was an inaccurate film about curating museums!

I'd say I'm different with a drink in me but I've been drinking since 11am. You'd be like this if there was an inaccurate film about curating museums!

Explosions.jpg

From TrekToday:

Bakula – Quantum Leap Movie In The Works?

Posted by T'Bonz - 28/07/10 at 02:07 pm

Fans of Quantum Leap may again get to see Dr. Sam Beckett leaping through time and into strange bodies and situations.

At Comic-Con last weekend, Bakula told fans that a film may be in the works for the popular show, which aired from 1989-1993.

“It’s a great piece of TV history,” said Bakula. “[beckett] is what I’m known for, and it’s a great show to be known for.”

A script is supposedly being written by Quantum Leap creator/executive producer Donald Bellisario.

Source: Airlock Alpha

I'm in season two, yes please?

Watched a bunch of movies recently:

Patton. Easily one of the best movies I’ve seen. George C. Scott was absolutely amazing as Patton. I want to watch more of the films he’s been in, particularly Dr. Strangelove.

The Magnificent Seven. I’m sad it took me this long to get around to seeing it. It’s fantastic. Now I need to seek out Seven Samurai to compare.

The Triplets of Belleville. It’s a fun film. I’d seen parts of it before, but I wanted to watch the whole thing.

Patton. Easily one of the best movies I’ve seen. George C. Scott was absolutely amazing as Patton. I want to watch more of the films he’s been in, particularly Dr. Strangelove.

There is a damn good reason my car is named "The General Patton."

Oh, I'd forgotten to say, Netflix recently put Lois & Clark: TNAoS on instant view. I've been quite enjoying the series so far, though a bit of a rough start. Dean Cain took me a few episodes to settle into and I'm still a little iffy on Lois sometimes, but I guess that's because this is pre-S:TAS Lois. The person who sold me instantly though was John Shea, I have to say it, best Lex ever. This guy is so awesome in the role it's not even funny, he's everything Lex Luthor should be and more. And he has hair while he's doing it! While the character writing is pretty well done, there's not much good to be found when looking at episode plots and villains, and I've done something I don't think I've ever done in series viewing before, I stopped an episode mid-way and went to the next one(Smart Kids, ulgh).

I have to geek out about a scene real quick here, it's the one that sold me on Dean Cain.

It's episode three I believe, Clark finds out that Luthor has been putting him through 'trials' in order to test Superman's abilities. Clark barges into Luthor's office, asks him "You wanna know how strong I am Luthor?" and he pulls a sword from the wall and bends it, okay. "You wanna know how fast I am?" Clark looks down and opens a wooden case, at first I can't tell what's inside, then he pulls it out. Superman points a gun at Lex, and fires it at him! He then proceeds to catch the bullet, pinch it flat, and hand it to Lex.

Best. Superman. Moment. Ever.

Transformers 2 was one of the worst films I've seen all year. And that was me going in with low expectations.

Yeah, it's a movie so bad that I wouldn't even watch it for Bad Movie Night.

Also, it just ends. And even the editing felt bad, if I notice shit like that, you know your movies bad. I spent most of the time trying to remember John Turturro's name