JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

After somehow staying spoiler free for two and a half years I finally finished with Breaking Bad. The second half of seasons four and five were some of the best television ever made. The first half of those same seasons were also some of the most boring television ever made. 

Watching DS9 episode Starship down and it finally brought into focus the dark underbelly of Star Fleet, the performance incentive console system. Basically, if your part of the ship gets hit, your console explodes. You want to live? Then better make sure your part of the ship doesn't get blown up. 

Enlightened society my ass, it's basically Battle Royale.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't usually get annoyed about awards noms and this is about 3 weeks late but the show needs attention, Rachel Bloom is fantastic in Cray Ex girlfriend, she won the critics choice and golden globe for female comedy lead and yet she's not even nominated for an emmy? Seriously? For a tv musical that's this good?

The problem is that it's on The CW which it, and it's predecessors, The WB and UPN, never got much in the way of recognition from the TV Academy. The same thing happened with Jane the Virgin last year and that's not even getting into Veronica Mars or Buffy getting ignored for years. Snobs are gonna snob.

The problem is that it's on The CW which it, and it's predecessors, The WB and UPN, never got much in the way of recognition from the TV Academy. The same thing happened with Jane the Virgin last year and that's not even getting into Veronica Mars or Buffy getting ignored for years. Snobs are gonna snob.

If any of those shows were on Netflix first they'd be neck deep in awards. I get the snobbishness against CW, I've seen their superhero shows but when a show gets kudos from every other awards people shold take notice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shortly after making a deal to pull all of its shows off of Hulu and make the full seasons available on Netflix after the season ends (i.e., no longer being able to watch the episode the day after broadcast), the CW announced it will be making all of its shows available on its own app, for free, on the following day without the need for a login.

As a cord-cutter, this makes me happy.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...