JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Mockumentaries are, by nature, very difficult to pull off. The jokes tend to run a lot more dry, there's less ambient sound, and if the actors aren't dedicated to embracing the absurdidty of what they're discussing, I've actually found that shows like Parks and Rec or Modern Family where they embrace the confessional aspect but never go for the full "They're filming us" part are some of the best examples.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. I'll just watch The Room again with a few beers. 

This has too many people who know how to make a movie involved, rather than it being a glorious accident. Wiseau's sitcom was garbage too. He gifted us with The Room. That was a perfect storm of once in a lifetime insanity. We need to let Tommy Wiseau go. Let him go back to his home planet. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know there is another Mission Impossible coming where he has supposedly been training for years for some elaborate stunt, but at some point he's going to have to accept that time is a real thing that can't be stopped. 

But you forget: he has the power of Scientology behind him. Thetans make you age, right?