Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

For James, I paraphrase what Ron Perlman said about his characterization of Slade on Teen Titans:

"As an actor, sometimes you just... steal stuff. Slade was my take on Hannibal Lecter, played by Anthony Hopkins. Y'know, except toned down for a Saturday morning audience. Can't freak the little motherfuckers out too much."

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oddly I'm fine with talented people getting paid for this shit. To quote Michael Caine re Jaws The Revenge- "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

That is the best justification for anything I've heard in a long time.

Grammer is really not terribly selective in his film work. Down Periscope was even worse than I thought it was going to be going in. He's had better luck on TV, but the fact is that he will do pretty much anything because he can't really afford to turn work down.

How can he possibly need the money?! He made $53 million for the last two seasons of Frasier alone (way more if you factor in the previous seasons). Sorry but any rational man should realise that's his nest egg and not to live in a style beyond it. Even with half of it gone in divorce he should have enough to get by.

Stuck in a pub during some sort of possession-based apocalypse? Seems familiar. I mean, it's going to be great, but familiar.

I'm sure there's a thematic reason for that choice. Edgar Wright is one of the few filmmakers I trust implictly.

Just curious to see how much everyone pays for movie tickets where they live. On Saturday I took a date to see Iron Man in 3D, and I was blown away by how much movie tickets cost now. The tickets at the theater I went to were 20 dollars each, so I spent 40 bucks to take my date to the movies, and this was just regular 3D, it wasn't even at an IMAX theater or anything that fancy. True, it has been awhile since I've been to a movie theater, it just seems like I paid too much. So, I'm curious to see if the high price was due to the theater I saw it at, or if movies just cost that much in today's market.

That seems like way too much to me. At our local fancy ass we have booze theater, I pay between $7 and $10, depending on when I go, and that's reserved seating, in 2D. It's about the same at the 2D showings locally between matinee and evening showings.

I try and hit the cinema in town after work on a Tuesday, which is the allocated cheap night. If you buy at the door - which is risky, as it's a VERY popular night - an adult 2D ticket is £3.70. Booking online is an extra 70p.

3D is over $20 here in Australia. Standard tickets are about $16 - $19 depending on where you go.

Some places have cheap Monday or Tuesdays, where it is $10 - $12.

For some perspective, The USD - AUD currency conversion is about even at the moment.

Currently the full-time minimum wage is $15.96 per hour.

Casuals covered by the national minimum wage get an extra 23% ($19.63 per hour).