Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

Fox Searchlight has purchased a pitch called Motherf***er from writers Daryl Wein and Zoe Lister Jones, reports Deadline.

Motherf***er, to be directed by Wein, tells the literally-titled story of a man who, after dating a girl, falls in love with her mother.

Is the sequel going to be C***sucker?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just finished Watchmen, pretty good translation to movie overall. I think they must've spent half their budget on licensed songs, really, more than half the soundtrack must be made up of licensed songs, and then the other half of the score is pretty crap. Also, make-up? Really bad make-up jobs all around especially on older characters.

And on the plot change. I really have to call BS on it, if a known US super-weapon were to have wiped out almost every primary city in the world the instant reaction would be the complete eradication of the USA, I don't care that NY and LA were hit, most governments would think that they would be that crazy as to mulch their own cities to pretend like they didn't do it.

7/10

Paramount accidentally leaked their upcoming projects:

An alleged Paramount e-mail has leaked to The Wrap and, with it, a lengthy list of possible upcoming projects.

Though a Paramount rep told the site that the document is not official and that some of the information is inaccurate, several of the titles listed are supported by recent trade stories.

The headlining rumor seems to be the casting of Triple Frontier, known to be in the works re-teaming Kathryn Bigelow with Hurt Locker screenwriter Mark Boal. Known to feature an ensemble cast, the project may, according to the document, star Christian Bale, Javier Bardem, Sean Penn and Will Smith.

New titles include Dunderheads, a low-budget heist movie with a middle-school age cast, The Associate, a John Grisham adaptation being eyed for Tony Scott to direct and Shia Labeouf to star, My Mother's Curse, a comedy by The Proposal director Anne Fletcher that would team Seth Rogen with Barbara Streisand, Twilight Zones, the title for the previously announced 60's suburbia David Chase film, I Want to ______ Your Sister, a college-set comedy, How Could You Do This to Me, to star Miranda Cosgrove, Nevada Smith, a Jamie-Linden scripted remake of the 1966 film, Daddy's Home, to be written by Etan Cohen, License to Steal, a $125m action comedy being written by Shane Solerno, When Corruption was King, currently waiting on a Frank Baldwin draft, Hasbro Factory, a Night at the Museum-style family film about a toy factory, and an untitled Jeff Lowell spec script about a family lost on an African safari.

Updates on known projects include a January start date for the Paul Rudd/Zach Galifianakis comedy Will, a greenlight on Tommy Wirkola's Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, the suggestion that Stephen Sommers will return for G.I. Joe 2, and a fall start for Mission: Impossible IV. (Also on the M:IIV front, CS reader Mel sent along the link to actress Jacinda Barrett's blog, where she reveals that she has just auditioned for a part in the sequel)

New writers are being sought for the Untitled Jack Ryan Project (with the rumored Jack Bender listed to direct), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and What Men Want (for just a polish).

Canceled projects include Luna and, possibly, Max Steel (which is said to have "lost momentum").

Though there is no news involved, word of pre-production movement is also given for Zoolander 2, Star Trek 2, World War Z and the Sacha Baron Cohen comedy The Dictator.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68883

Hasbro Factory sounds like it could be fun. I'm assuming they will use brand names since it's using the Hasbro name. Although it probably means it'll just be a giant toy commercial.

Apparently David Yost, the original Blue Ranger, quit the show because he was called "faggot" too many times.

I read that this morning and had to go back and look to see which one he was. I do find it strange that nobody questions the fact that the Asian is yellow, the black guy is black, and the girl is pink. I can see faggot getting thrown around that set.

I do find it strange that nobody questions the fact that the Asian is yellow, the black guy is black, and the girl is pink.

Oh, they do. Back during its first season, that was a BIG deal. A lot of people complained. It only got worse when they introduce the MOST POWERFUL OF ALL RANGERS, the WHITE RANGER, who was filled with WHITE POWER.

Pretty soon after that, they shifted around the races of the cast. They made the new yellow ranger a black girl, and the black ranger an Asian guy (Johnny Yong Bosch, who is one of the coolest people in the universe, and one of the few ranger actors to have a highly positive attitude towards the PR franchise and its fans despite the horrendous working conditions).

And they basically instituted a "must never have black black ranger or yellow yellow ranger" policy after that.

Actually, he became easily the coolest part of the show.

It was in all likelihood a coincidence that he was white; all the MMPR production crew was doing was taking footage of the "special 6th ranger" from the original Japanese series (which was actually the sequel series to the one MMPR was originally based on, leading to some weirdly-spliced footage).

But yeah, coincidental racism aside, the White Tiger Ranger is pretty much legend incarnate. Pure awesomeness in giant cat zord form.

I stopped watching towards the end of Zeo.

In Space and Time Force are supposed to be really good, according to the Linkara recaps, but I don't think I'll ever bother hunting them down. The whole idea of there being 37 different teams of Rangers really kills the magic for me.

In Space and Time Force are supposed to be really good, according to the Linkara recaps, but I don't think I'll ever bother hunting them down. The whole idea of there being 37 different teams of Rangers really kills the magic for me.

I really like those a lot.

The finale of In Space is regarded by many as the "real" end of the Power Rangers saga. A rather fitting end, too. Epic stuff.

And Time Force opens with the Red ranger being MURDERED by a guy who PULLS A BONY BLADE OUT OF HIS SPINE. (yeah, he came back later, but I insist that he died and was revived with future-awesome medical tech.)

I'd heard rumors that David Yost was gay but yeah, definitely new news about his departure. As for the White Ranger, Black Ranger, Yellow Ranger thing, I choose to believe that was coincidence.

Also, as a person who has seen every Power Rangers series, yeah, the years after Time Force don't get a hell of a lot better until SPD. There are very few low points and it probably has some of the best plot development in the series overall. Character development in it is also nothing to sneeze at also.

See now, I think Ninja Storm was excellent. Self-referential humor and a total acceptance of the "fun" nature of Power Rangers. DinoThunder was also pretty good in that it actually put dino-themed rangers back in high school and had plenty of direct links to PR history.

For me, this is how it goes:

MMPR: Classic.

Zeo: Not bad.

Turbo: Eh.

In Space: Actual good episode-by-episode storylines and probably the best episode in the entire history of PR? Hell yeah.

Lost Galaxy: Not too familiar with it.

Lightspeed Rescue: ^See above^ Cool concept, though.

Time Force: Hell yeah.

Wild Force: Kinda boring, though "Forever Red" is fun.

Ninja Storm: YES.

DinoThunder: Lots of fun.

SPD: Sweet. Bonus points for the return of Ron Wasserman theme song.

Mystic Force: Not terrible, but... not too good.

Operation Overdrive: EWWW GROSS GET IT OFF ME

Jungle Fury: This is slightly insulting. It's so infantile, it's like it's aimed at preschoolers.

RPM: Post-apocalyptic robot war? Cool. Other than the premise, though, it's kinda lame.