The Dark Knight Rises

annericelover

Isn't Batman on the run and unaccepted now...I'd love to see a different take on the Riddler, who starts off as a famous P.I. trying to solve the biggest case of all and capture Batman but his obsession with Batman leads him to devious means and methods. Great developing character like Two-Face was.

I also liked the Bane idea thrown around, get rid of all the ridiculousness about him, the mask and the steroid metaphor, and just make him an assassin, muscle. Maybe like a vigilante hired by Nygma because his puzzle solving methods are failing. I don't know. I trust Nolan to keep the grounded reality spirit of the film in tact.

IMO, keep Peguin and Catwoman out. The stuff unique to Penguin is really comic booky, once you take that stuff out he's just another crime boss, albeit shorter and rounder. Robin doesn't belong in Nolan's universe at all.

I'm all for a mention or even a cameo by Joker. I'd love to see Harley Quinzel in this movie, as the psychiatrist at Arkham. They can do Joker again, but not in number 3, they need to ease people back into it. Maybe in a 5th film with a new director and a new trilogy continuation. If Nolan was going to stop at 2 films, there's no way he's going to do another after number 3.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Batman on the run and unaccepted now...I'd love to see a different take on the Riddler, who starts off as a famous P.I. trying to solve the biggest case of all and capture Batman but his obsession with Batman leads him to devious means and methods. Great developing character like Two-Face was.

That is money. Nygma trying to track down Batman within the law but winding up stepping outside of it as his obsession with beating him grows.

I'd love to see Hush in there, but you can't do it because there is no mention of the past between them at this point. It would feel too dropped in.

I love the concept though, the idea that he knows who Batman is but Bruce has no clue who it could possibly be. They can push the idea that it might be Joker or two-face and in the end reveal its Ra's.

I'd love to see Hush in there, but you can't do it because there is no mention of the past between them at this point. It would feel too dropped in.

That didn't stop Jeph Loeb. :)

Didn't feel as bad because the comics mess around with continuity a lot, plus we rarely ever saw Bruce pre-dead parents. In this film, where we've seen him playing with Rachel as a kid it seems like that's a big thing to just drop in. Rachel occupies the Tommy Elliot position in this continuity.

I'm pretty sure Nolan's on record saying he'd struggle with both the Penguin and Catwoman, and I'm not sure putting the two together in the same film would be a good idea as it'd feel a bit reminiscent of Batman Returns, even within the Nolan-verse.

I reckon that now Batman's on the run, to echo someone earlier in the thread, you have The Riddler come in as some dangerous strategist to enhance Batman's tactician side to stay ahead of Nygma/Nashton until ultimately foiling him. And in the meantime, have a more standard criminal that Batman has to stop, but is hampered by Riddler's machinations and the police. Bane could work in that model if he's made out to be in partnership with the Riddler and just as smart, but he might be hard to do. For a villain that Batman can engage in fistfights, I'm struggling to get beyond Black Mask as he's a nice/gruesome cross between crime boss and supervillain.

Catwoman would be great just because she doesn't have to be the main villain, she's the post-Rachel pick-me-up for Bruce romantically, plus it would be nice to see a female ninja/theif kicking ass in this more real universe. She's doing the stealing but not leaving the bodies, she ties into the existing crime families and frankly her outfit is easy to do compared with most. A matte black bodysuit with cat ears, goggles and the versatile belt/whip/grapple thing.

I'd love to see a version of her, one based on the Brubaker comics. Only issue is whether they'll do it post Halle Berry.

I'm personally just sick of villain overload in superhero films. The max the Nolan films have ever had in them are two villains, and it generally seems anything more than that sends the movie downhill (see: Spidey 3).

What I want to see next movie? One villain, maybe two. Mob is pissed, mob hires someone to kill Bats. Bats goes to Gordon for help. Gordon is conflicted, because he knows Batman is innocent, and wants to help him, but he has to put on a show.

Mob leader can be Ronan Sionis, doesn't have to wear the mask, can easily be put in by saying he stayed out of the Joker's mess last film, or that he's moving into Gotham to take over the power vaccum left when the Joker made trouble.

Mob hires either Bane or Deadshot to take out the Bat.

Simple, straightforward, and still provides for a good movie.

You can have as many as you like if you don't try to treat them equally. Scarecrow was a great secondary villain in both Nolan films, there is no reason that you can't use characters properly in a well written film. Zsasz was well used too, in that he's not obvious, just a nice nod to the fans.

Batman Begins had Ra's, Scarecrow, Carmine Falconi, and a very small appearance by Victor Zsasz.

The Dark Knight had Joker, Two-Face, and a whole slew of random criminals and major crime bosses.

I don't think villain overload exists until they try to make the villains into superstars like the Spider-Man films do.

• 3 weeks later...

What's more interesting is that he says it's going to "conclude" the story. I wonder if that means concluding the story arc, or the actual Batman story?

Either way, that's great news. It would suck to have an X-Men 3 situation where you've got a new director coming in and messing up a great ongoing storyline.

Isn't Batman on the run and unaccepted now...I'd love to see a different take on the Riddler, who starts off as a famous P.I. trying to solve the biggest case of all and capture Batman but his obsession with Batman leads him to devious means and methods. Great developing character like Two-Face was

Best idea in this entire thread so far.

Isn't Batman on the run and unaccepted now...I'd love to see a different take on the Riddler, who starts off as a famous P.I. trying to solve the biggest case of all and capture Batman but his obsession with Batman leads him to devious means and methods. Great developing character like Two-Face was

Best idea in this entire thread so far.

That's been the foremost fan theory on the web. It's not likely, though, since Nolan said not to expect one of the main rogues.

He's not even a rogue anymore. He's been a good guy for at least a year now.

A good portrayal in the movie could be just the thing the character needs for a well-deserved revival.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ra's can work if you've got a fresh secondary villain. Maybe bring in Talia and some special assassin to rival Bat's in a physical way. Ra's also needs a good story to return. He's a villain that doesn't work on his own merits like Joker does.

I'm watching Batman Begins to regain a feeling for the world.

While the Nolan films are more character than action, I would like to see a tense one-on-one between Batman and another rival martial artist.