The Dark Knight Rises

annericelover

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because you're crazy.

My craziness has nothing to do with it.

The guy hasn't pulled a performance out of an actor since The Abyss for fuck's sake. What's worse? He doesn't even want to. Which doesn't just make him a shitty director, it makes him a negligent one.

Seriously, if you gave any regular schmoe the GNP of any lower level first world country and let them make a movie with a great DP, excellent editing team, and top notch visual effects guys then you'd get Cameron. The guy's a hack.

Any suggestions for DiCaprio movies for me to see, since all I've seen him in besides Inception was titanic and Catch Me If You Can?

Aviator, Critters 3, What's eating Gilbert Grape, this boys life. All films I can first handedly recommend. This boys life really is a fantastic film everyone should see though.

Shutter Island is meant to be ok, as is Blood Diamond. Also Gangs of New York.

Man in the Iron Mask, is where he plays a real prick as the prince, is not bad, but it may have aged badly.

Everyone loves the departed, so I'd say check that out. Even if I felt it was disappointing.

Any suggestions for DiCaprio movies for me to see, since all I've seen him in besides Inception was Titanic and Catch Me If You Can?

Shutter Island (2010)

Body of Lies (2008)

The Departed (2006)

Gangs of New York (2002)

The Man in the Iron Mask (1998/I)

The Basketball Diaries (1995)

What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)

This Boy's Life (1993)

Edit: Critters 3? Austen are you retarded? That is awful.

Any suggestions for DiCaprio movies for me to see, since all I've seen him in besides Inception was Titanic and Catch Me If You Can?

Shutter Island (2010)

Body of Lies (2008)

The Departed (2006)

Gangs of New York (2002)

The Man in the Iron Mask (1998/I)

The Basketball Diaries (1995)

What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)

This Boy's Life (1993)

Edit: Critters 3? Austen are you retarded? That is awful.

I concur with all of this list and would add Blood Diamond to that list as well. Agree that This Boy's Life is a fantastic film and performance. Of the recent ones, Body of Lies is a fantastic film and has the wonderful Mark Strong sharing a lot of scenes with Leo. I'm also a fan of Romeo + Juliet, but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. He's had pretty diverse career, props to him for not sticking to one type of role.

Just read rumour is he might be Aquaman in an upcoming movie, but that is based on a company he is involved with having the rights, so not concrete by any means.

Gangs of New York is one of the most overrated films ever.

In what world? It was pretty panned by the critics and general public from what i remember.

I think it's an interesting film with great performances all around. The story rambles too much and the ending fucking sucks: "U.S.A.! U.S.A.!"

Overrated? Hardly...

Gangs of New York is one of the most overrated films ever.

In what world? It was pretty panned by the critics and general public from what i remember.

I think it's an interesting film with great performances all around. The story rambles too much and the ending fucking sucks: "U.S.A.! U.S.A.!"

Overrated? Hardly...

I meant in the sense that everyone I have ever talked to (i.e., NOT critics) has said it was awesome and a great historical film.

It was neither.

I thought Leo was good in it, that's why I liked it on the list. Anyone who says anything out of Hollywood is a good historical movie has their credibility nulled by me at that point.

But we're getting off track. If the villain is The Riddler I wonder who the secondary villain will be, as he definitely likes running with 2 or more.