The Dark Knight Rises

annericelover

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long rumored to play a part in Christopher Nolan's Batman sequel after his turn in the director's Inception last year, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is now reported by Deadline to be in talks for a role in The Dark Knight Rises.

Currently filming Rian Johnson's Looper, Gordon-Levitt has not officially been cast and, as of yet, there is no studio confirmation that he is even being sought to appear. That said, the actor has preemptively been the subject of much internet speculation regarding who he might play in the DC Universe and, as such, has certainly proven himself popular with Nolan fans.

The Dark Knight Rises is slated to feature the return of Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Gary Oldman, reprising their characters from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Newcomers confirmed to appear include Anne Hathaway in the part of Selina Kyle and Tom Hardy (who also appeared in Inception) in the role of Bane.

The film is planned for regular and IMAX release on July 20, 2012.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/125364-joseph-gordon-levitt-joining-the-dark-knight-rises-

Long rumored to play a part in Christopher Nolan's Batman sequel after his turn in the director's Inception last year, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is now reported by Deadline to be in talks for a role in The Dark Knight Rises.

Currently filming Rian Johnson's Looper, Gordon-Levitt has not officially been cast and, as of yet, there is no studio confirmation that he is even being sought to appear. That said, the actor has preemptively been the subject of much internet speculation regarding who he might play in the DC Universe and, as such, has certainly proven himself popular with Nolan fans.

The Dark Knight Rises is slated to feature the return of Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Gary Oldman, reprising their characters from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Newcomers confirmed to appear include Anne Hathaway in the part of Selina Kyle and Tom Hardy (who also appeared in Inception) in the role of Bane.

The film is planned for regular and IMAX release on July 20, 2012.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/125364-joseph-gordon-levitt-joining-the-dark-knight-rises-

That second stanza pretty much outs the article as being irrelevant.

• 2 weeks later...
Marion Cotillard in “Batman 3″. The actress, who is expecting a child in the spring with Guillaume Canet, will be scarce this year. She’ll do a single film and her choice fell on Batman 3. This blockbuster produced by Warner Bros.. enables her to work with the director Christopher Nolan, with whom she had turned very successful sci-fi Inception. Marion Cotillard will join the filming this summer in Los Angeles. She will share the bill with Anne Hathaway.

From AICN who got it and translated it from a French website

The nerd rumor is she's playing Talia.

Marion Cotillard in “Batman 3″. The actress, who is expecting a child in the spring with Guillaume Canet, will be scarce this year. She’ll do a single film and her choice fell on Batman 3. This blockbuster produced by Warner Bros.. enables her to work with the director Christopher Nolan, with whom she had turned very successful sci-fi Inception. Marion Cotillard will join the filming this summer in Los Angeles. She will share the bill with Anne Hathaway.

From AICN who got it and translated it from a French website

The nerd rumor is she's playing Talia.

I hope not.

Any particular reason why?

I've ranted before on this thread that her appearing in the film would be really contrived and her inner struggle of choosing between Bruce and Ra's would be negated by her father being absent. She could be back from revenge after Batman left him to die, but that would be extremely cliched. I also agree with WFP listeners who have referred to her as "Talia 'The Bitch' Al Ghul".

I've ranted before on this thread that her appearing in the film would be really contrived and her inner struggle of choosing between Bruce and Ra's would be negated by her father being absent. She could be back from revenge after Batman left him to die, but that would be extremely cliched. I also agree with WFP listeners who have referred to her as "Talia 'The Bitch' Al Ghul".

To be fair, Ra's could still be in the film. We never saw a body, so you don't really know if he's dead or not. Also, she could be working with the mob, as they were a part of Ra's army, thanks to the Scarecrow in Begins.

I don't really mind, whatever Nolan wants to do, he's proven he can do it. And he really seems to want to break the threequel curse, so that's nice.

Still saying until I hear something from Warners, I will be thinking of this one as false. I fail to see why a French tabloid would be the ones to break the news. I love Coutilard and all but I don't see her doing the movie, at least in any physical role. She'll have like a couple of weeks from when she has the baby to start filming and that's not enough to get in shape and do any fight training which is something Talia, if it is Talia, would have to do.

She's a Super Villain. Calling her a bitch seems a bit redundant.

She's a Super Villain. Calling her a bitch seems a bit redundant.

Not all supervillainesses are bitches; Harley Quinn's probably the best example