The Dark Knight Rises

annericelover

Actually this makes me want to see it..

Kent honestly looks like he just stepped off a page of Hellblazer, and I'm going to go ahead and say it: This is the single best performance of John Constantine that has ever made it to film.

Although considering the last time he was on screen, he was played by Keanu Reeves that isn't saying a whole hell of a lot.

And I always thought it was pronounced to rhyme with 'teen'....

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see it again, at least one more time. In all probablility, though, I will probably wind up waiting for home video. It's exceedingly rare nowadays for me to see movies multiple times in the theater.

Saw it last night... Loved it!

What I've been seeing on the interwebs so far is people debating on whether or not Bruce actually survived the explosion and if Alfred seeing him in Florence was real or just him imagining like he said he did when Bruce was gone before Batman Begins...

I'd love to hear (well... Read) everyone's thoughts on this...

Sorry KW, you're saying that the bat found it's way back to Wayne enterprises to be worked on by technicians, only for Lucius to question whether or not Wayne died after the techs told him the autopilot worked? Wouldn't the Bat returning be the clue? How was Lucius still thinking Wayne was dead if the Bat found it's way back and he didn't realise the autopilot worked?

I think you'll find it was another Bat prototype they were examining.

That said, Bruce clearly survived. The software patch in the autopilot, the whole theme of Selina finding a "clean slate," leaving just the right clues for Blake to find the Batcave, it's vintage Chessmaster Batman. This isn't Inception, I don't think there's much room for debate.

The pearls were missing, Selina was wearing the pearls, Alfred saw Bruce sitting with Selina. Lucius found out the systems auto pilot was fixed, they could salvage the black box from The Bat, if there was one.

It could be interpreted that is was just Alfred seeing someone who looked an awful lot like Bruce, again, but I prefer to think of it, as Bruce giving Alfred the peace he needed after 15 years, of knowing that Bruce has finally gotten over the death of his parents, and finally see, his son, get over the traumatising experience.

I barely even caught what was said in that scene at the end with the Bat; I just remember the general gist of something about it not being what it seemed. But looking over summaries online, apparently Bruce tampered with the autopilot. So clearly he just wasn't inside the bat when it blew.

Well, frankly anyone who thinks Bruce died would rather see an old man slowly slip into dementia over his surrogate son's death, than think a happy ending for Bruce Wayne is remotely possible.

This. Too many people get caught up in the darkness of Batman to realize that it's highly optimistic story overall.

Cotillard was over the top? Are you sure you don't mean Hathaway? Cotillard seemed pretty normal.

At the end of the film, she was a bit OTT. But I think some of the smaller bad guys where also. I cant remember his name, but the guy who was giving Bane his money . Hathaway as well. It just is odd to me that after the first 2 films there should be so much ham this time.